DeWalt D28493N Heavy-Duty 9" (230mm) Large Angle Grinder 5000 rpm
- 4HP motor with overload protection runs at higher speeds while under load
- Epoxy coating protects motor from dust and debris and increases the lifespan of the tool
- 5,000 RPM speed makes it ideal for sanding and specialty discs
- Wheel guard protects user from flying debris and can be adjusted without the need for a tool
- Heavy duty "S" jacket power cord resists cracking even in extreme temperature conditions
- 5 position side handle allows a customized grip for different applications
- Recommended Replacement for the D-WDW493
Grind cut and polish your way to a job well done with the DeWalt D28493N Heavy-Duty 9" (230mm) Large Angle Grinder. With its powerful 4HP motor and 5,000 RPM operating speed, this grinder is ready to take on just about any job you can throw at it. The motor features a durable epoxy coating that protects it from operating debris and increases its overall service life. It features a tool-free adjustable wheel guard and a 5 position side handle that allow you to get just the right leverage you need for the job. And all this power doesn't mean a lot of excess weight; the D28493N is compact and lightweight enough to use all day long without breaking a sweat.
The D28493N includes:
- One (1) DeWalt 9" Large Angle Grinder
- One (1) 9'' Guard
- One (1) Side handle
- High power 4 HP motor with overload protection provides higher operating speeds under load
- Low 5,000 RPM speed is optimal for sanding discs and specialty wheels
- Epoxy coated motor provides long service life against abrasion from airborne debris
- 2 wire grounded 'S' jacket rubber cord provides increased durability and life in hot and cold climates
- Keyless adjustable guard allows for guard adjustments to be made without tools
- Low profile gearcase allows for work in tight areas
- 5 position side handle provides improved ergonomics for specific applications
- Light weight inceases productivity in extended use applications
- Amps (AC/DC): 15.0
- Max Watts Out: 3,084 W
- No Load Speed: 5,000 RPM
- Use Wheels with RPM Above 5,500
- Spindle Lock: Yes
- Spindle Thread: 5/8"-11
- Tool Length: 19.2"
- Weight: 13.6 lb
Most DeWalt Tools purchased on or after January 1, 2004 come with a warranty package that includes:
Three-Year Limited Warranty. DeWalt will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or tool abuse. For further detail of warranty coverage and warranty repair information, visit www.dewalt.com or call 1-800-4-DEWALT (1-800-433-9258). This warranty does not apply to accessories or damage caused where repairs have been made or attempted by others. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary in certain states or provinces.
In addition to the warranty, DeWalt tools are covered by our:
- One-Year Free Service Contract. DeWalt will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use, for free, any time during the first year after purchase.
- 90-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your DeWalt Power Tool, Laser, or Nailer for any reason, you can return it within 90 days from the date of purchase with a receipt for a full refund – no questions asked.
- DeWalt HAND TOOLS LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
DeWalt warrants this product to the original purchaser for its useful life (not to exceed one year for products with electrical or electronic components) against deficiencies in material and workmanship. This LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY does not cover products that are improperly used, abused, altered or repaired. Deficient products will be replaced or repaired.
THIS LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND EXCLUDES ALL INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations may not apply to you. This LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY gives you specific legal rights that may vary from state to state.
- DEWALT MECHANICS TOOLS FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY
If any DEWALT Mechanics Tool ever fails, DEWALT will replace it. Tools covered by the warranty include: wrenches, sockets, ratchets and drive accessories. Tools which have been improperly used, abused or altered are not covered under policy. Proof of purchase is required. Warranty is not transferable. Do not return this product to a store. See DEWALT.com for details or simply call 1-800-4DEWALT (1-800-443-9258)and DEWALT will ship a replacement. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
- See specific tools for exceptions and/or read the Warranty FAQ.
- Click here for warranty information on tools purchased before January 1, 2004.
We believe a solid warranty package ensures the safety, reliability and service our products are meant to deliver — from the beginning to the end of every job.