DeWalt D28499X 5.3 HP Large Angle Grinder
- High power motor offers increased cutting speeds under heavy loads
- Armature and filed windings are protected by a tough epoxy coating that protects them from harmful grinding debris
- Keyless adjustable guards provide added safety and protection from almost any angle
- Rear handle rotates to give you optimal control during heavy grinding operations
- Automatic shutoff feature turns the tool off when brush service is required, preventing possible permanent damage
- Double insulated cord stands up to the toughest abuse and working conditions
- Multi-position side handle helps keep the tool under control when working at awkward angles
- Low profile gear case design makes the grinder compact and easy to use in tight areas
Grinding work can be hard on both the tool and the user. The DeWalt D28499X Large Angle Grinder is designed to stand up to the toughest grinding applications, and it features a slew of design advancements that will help keep you comfortable and safe. The tool-free adjustable guards keep the user safe from flying debris and chips, and the 5 position side handle means you can keep the tool under control easily. The D28499X is just as advanced on the inside as well, featuring epoxy coated field windings and armature along with an automatic shutoff feature that will stop the tool from operating when service is required. Don't trust just any name to handle your tough grinding jobs. Trust DeWalt to help you tackle those jobs with confidence.
The D28499X includes:
- One (1) DeWalt 5.3 HP Large Angle Grinder
- One (1) 7" guard
- One (1) 9" guard
- One (1) 5 position side handle
- Amps: 15.0Amps
- Max Watts Out: 3,950W
- HP: 5.3HP
- No Load Speed: 6,000rpm
- Use Wheels rpm Above: 6,000rpm
- Spindle Lock: Yes
- Spindle Thread: 5/8"-11
- Motor Abrasion Protection: Yes
- Steel-Cut Gears: Yes
- Tool Length: 20.7"
- Weight: 14.5lbs
Most DeWalt Tools purchased on or after January 1, 2004 come with a warranty package that includes:
Three-Year Limited Warranty. DeWalt will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or tool abuse. For further detail of warranty coverage and warranty repair information, visit www.dewalt.com or call 1-800-4-DEWALT (1-800-433-9258). This warranty does not apply to accessories or damage caused where repairs have been made or attempted by others. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary in certain states or provinces.
In addition to the warranty, DeWalt tools are covered by our:
- One-Year Free Service Contract. DeWalt will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use, for free, any time during the first year after purchase.
- 90-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your DeWalt Power Tool, Laser, or Nailer for any reason, you can return it within 90 days from the date of purchase with a receipt for a full refund – no questions asked.
- DeWalt HAND TOOLS LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
DeWalt warrants this product to the original purchaser for its useful life (not to exceed one year for products with electrical or electronic components) against deficiencies in material and workmanship. This LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY does not cover products that are improperly used, abused, altered or repaired. Deficient products will be replaced or repaired.
THIS LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND EXCLUDES ALL INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations may not apply to you. This LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY gives you specific legal rights that may vary from state to state.
- DEWALT MECHANICS TOOLS FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY
If any DEWALT Mechanics Tool ever fails, DEWALT will replace it. Tools covered by the warranty include: wrenches, sockets, ratchets and drive accessories. Tools which have been improperly used, abused or altered are not covered under policy. Proof of purchase is required. Warranty is not transferable. Do not return this product to a store. See DEWALT.com for details or simply call 1-800-4DEWALT (1-800-443-9258)and DEWALT will ship a replacement. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
- See specific tools for exceptions and/or read the Warranty FAQ.
- Click here for warranty information on tools purchased before January 1, 2004.
We believe a solid warranty package ensures the safety, reliability and service our products are meant to deliver — from the beginning to the end of every job.