Freud Tools was Founded in Udine, Italy by the Pozzo family in the early 1960s with the production of braze-welded cutters, Freud Tools has established itself as a manufacturer of superior carbide cutting tools including diamond-sharp saw blades, router bits, shaper cutters, planer knives.Freud develops different types of carbide for each application to maximize the cutting life and performance of their products.
A Note on Freud Open Box Items
All contents are brand new from the factory. The factory packaging may be damaged but otherwise these are brand new tools with brand new tool warranties.
"Open Box" Items originate for multiple reasons.
- Sometimes during shipment from the manufacturer item packaging gets damaged but the contents are factory new
- Sometimes in our own Distribution Center (DC) mis-handling occurs and damage to the packaging occurs. Especially in the cold months. Plastic wrapping gets cold, brittle and breaks away.
- Within our DC, during "front line" replenishment from overstock locations, damage to packaging occurs and tags get pulled off.
- Upon receipt of items into our distribution center, items are routinely opened to verify certain info to be the best they can at item web pages. For instance:
- Contents of the package (What's in the box)
- Description of items and contents
- Specifications of items and contents
- Images of items and contents
- Also in order to maintain the highest levels of service to you the customer, we do periodic random checks of items for all of the above.
- Open box items are not necessarily always in a "box". They also include items that are wrapped, bagged, etc. and who's packing has been opened.
- Open box items have limited quantities on hand and we can't guarantee their availability. We sell these items on a first come, first order basis.
- Generally we have quantity on hand if you see an order button. But because of website limitations we are not able to update these item pages up to the minute. You will be notified as soon as we download your order if we do not have availability.
Tools Plus personally visited the Freud manufacturing facility in Udine in 2007 and to say that we were impressed is an understatement. During our visit, we had the privilege of touring their R&D facility and their plant that produces its very own micro-grain carbide with titanium, called TiCo, a combination of titanium and cobalt.
Freud's Lifetime Guarantee ensures that every Freud customer is satisfied. Nearly 40 Power Tool Service Stations across the United States are authorized to service Freud tools, ensuring you'll find help when you need it.