Generac XP4000 Portable Generator
Generac XP4000 4000 Watt Portable Generator (49-State/CSA Certified)
- Low oil pressure shutdown prevents engine damage
- Power your sensitive electronics and appliances with TruePower clean energy technology
- Select between full 120V power or 120/240V output
- Specifically designed OHVI engine provides 3 to 4 times longer life than other engines
- Covered outlets offer protection from damaging outside factors
Generac's XP Series features excellent improvements over the standard portable generator. Take the XP4000 for example; it is equipped with TruePower technology that provides cleaner energy, so you can leave your inverter generator in the basement. A generator goes through fuel quicker than most people would hope. That's why Generac incorporated idle control, which allows the generator to operate with fuel conservation in mind, as well as reduced noise output. Nobody likes when Mother Nature destroys their stuff. You'll be thankful for the XP4000's outlet covers, which defy detrimental environmental factors. Low oil pressure shutdown protects the engine from damage. To get anything but Generac's XP series to protect your home or business in troubled times is asking for trouble.
The XP4000 includes:
- 1x Generac 5929 XP4000 4000 Watt Portable Generator
- 1x Maintenance Kit
- Full panel GFCI protection is OSHA and NEC 2011 compliant.
- Idle control conserves fuel and reduces noise.
- Integrated lifting eye allows for easy transport and security on the job site.
- 120/240V selector allows full 120V power or 120/240V power output.
- Generac's OHVI engine is the only engine designed specifically for generator use, providing the reliability needed to run for hours on the job site, and days or even weeks during an outage.
- Durable construction with hardened 1.25" steel tube cradle and cast metal corners minimizes damage from rough handling.
- TruePower technology provides clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics, tools, and appliances.
- Low oil pressure shutdown protects engine from damage.
- On/off switch and fuel shut-off conveniently located on control panel.
- Covered outlets for more protection from the environment.
- Handle and wheel kit available separately.
- Maintenance kit included.
- Model Number: 5929
- Manufacturer: Generac
- Brand: Generac OHVI
- Starting System: Recoil Start
- HP/CC: 220 cc
- Consumer Engine Warranty: 3 Years
- Commercial Engine Warranty: 3 Years
- Engine RPM: 3600 RPM
- Low Oil Alert: Yes
- Cast Iron Sleeve: Yes
- Voltage 120/240 Single-Phase
- Frequency: 60 Hertz
- Auto Voltage Regulation: Yes
- Fuel Type Gasoline
- Rated Amps: 15 Amps @ 240 Volts (Single Phase)
- Portability Kit: Sold Separately
- Tank Size: 4.7 Gallons
- Fuel Tank Material: Metal
- Fuel Gauge: Yes
- Idle Control: Yes
- Hour Meter: Yes
- Lifting Eye: Yes
- Neutral Type: Bonded
- Weight: 139 Lbs.
- Dimensions: 30.5"L x 18.5"W x 23.5"H
- Consumer Warranty: 3 Years
- Commercial Warranty: 3 Years
How To Setup and Maintain your Portable Generator
Excerpts From the Bosses Radio Show
- Two Important Factors to consider when setting up and locating your generator: (Audio Answer)
- What size generator do I need? (Audio Answer)
- Is it Ok to run a generator inside the home? (Audio Answer)
- What are the 3 ways to incorporate a generator into your backup power plan? (Audio Answer)
- What's the best way to incorporate a generator so that switching to it is hassle-free? (Audio Answer)
- How will a transfer switch eliminate the need for a lot of messy cords? (Audio Answer)
- What size extension cords should I be using with my generator? (Audio Answer)
- What is the overall cost of transfer switch installation and how easy to they make it to use the generator? (Audio Answer)
- Is a 5000 or 5500 Watt generator enough to cover my needs? (Audio Answer)
- Is there a complicated maintenance procedure needed when the generator is not in use? (Audio Answer)
- What about fuel stabilizer? (Audio Answer)
- Should I keep the fuel tank full or empty? (Audio Answer)
- What about oil changes? (Audio Answer)
- I just need a simple installation to power a single appliance, like a sump pump. What do I need to know? (Audio Answer)
- I live in a place where a generator isn't an option, what about a small-scale battery backup solution? (Audio Answer)
- What kind of draw is involved in keeping the heat on in winter? (Audio Answer)
- Why did you choose to sell Generac generators? (Audio Answer)
- What is the real-world price of a generator setup? (Audio Answer)