Generac XP6500E Electric Start Portable Generator (49/CSA)
Generac XP6500E 6,500 Watt Electric Start Portable Generator (49/CSA)
- Battery included for electric start
- Idle control conserves fuel and decreases noise output
- Generac's own OHVI engine, specifically designed for generators, provides 3 to 4 times longer life
- Low oil pressure shutdown protects the engine from damage
- Tough steel tube cradle takes the brunt of external abuse
- TruePower technology provides clean energy for sensitive electronics
- Covered outlets are shielded from environmental damage
There's no time like the present to prepare for volatile weather conditions. If you are thinking of getting an inverter generator in addition to a portable generator, kill two birds with one stone and simply get the XP6500E from Generac. You can power your necessities, as well as your sensitive electronics, thanks to the TruePower clean energy technology. Since generators have to be kept outside, Generac incorporated a few protective features, including a tough steel tube cradle and covered outlets. The cradle offers protection from external abuse, and the covers keep water and other environmental components out of your outlets. Generac's own OHVI engine was specifically designed to be used with generators, meaning it lasts 3 to 4 times longer than "brand name" engines. These and many more great features are what sets Generac apart from "the other guys".
The XP6500E includes:
- 1x Generac 5930 XP6500E 6500 Watt Portable Generator
- 1x Battery (charged while the engine runs)
- 1x Maintenance Kit
- Full panel GFCI protection is OSHA and NEC 2011 compliant.
- Idle control conserves fuel and reduces noise.
- Integrated lifting eye allows for easy transport and security on the job site.
- 120/240V selector allows full 120V power or 120/240V power output.
- Electric start with manual pull start backup. Battery included.
- Generac's OHVI engine is the only engine designed specifically for generator use, providing the reliability needed to run for hours on the job site, and days or even weeks during an outage.
- Durable construction with hardened 1.25" steel tube cradle and cast metal corners minimizes damage from rough handling.
- TruePower technology provides clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics, tools, and appliances.
- Low oil pressure shutdown protects engine from damage.
- On/off switch, fuel shut-off and choke controls conveniently located on control panel.
- Covered outlets for more protection from the environment.
- Locking, folding handles and never-flat wheels are included.
- Maintenance kit included.
- Model Number: 5930
- Manufacturer: Generac
- Brand: Generac OHVI
- Starting System: 12-Volt Button Start w/ Recoil
- HP/CC: 410 cc
- Consumer Engine Warranty: 3 Years
- Commercial Engine Warranty: 3 Years
- Engine RPM: 3600 RPM
- Low Oil Alert: Yes
- Cast Iron Sleeve: Yes
- Voltage 120/240 Single-Phase
- Frequency: 60 Hertz
- Alternator: Brushless
- Auto Voltage Regulation: Yes
- Fuel Type Gasoline
- Rated Amps: 27 Amps @ 240 Volts (Single Phase)
- Portability Kit: NeverFlat
- Tank Size: 9 Gallons
- Run Time (50% Load): 11 Hours
- Fuel Tank Material: Metal
- Fuel Gauge: Yes
- Idle Control: Yes
- Hour Meter: Yes
- Lifting Eye: Yes
- Neutral Type: Bonded
- Battery: Included
- Weight: 241 Lbs.
- Dimensions: 34.5"L x 29"W x 27.5"H
- Consumer Warranty: 3 Years
- Commercial Warranty: 3 Years
How To Setup and Maintain your Portable Generator
Excerpts From the Bosses Radio Show
- Two Important Factors to consider when setting up and locating your generator: (Audio Answer)
- What size generator do I need? (Audio Answer)
- Is it Ok to run a generator inside the home? (Audio Answer)
- What are the 3 ways to incorporate a generator into your backup power plan? (Audio Answer)
- What's the best way to incorporate a generator so that switching to it is hassle-free? (Audio Answer)
- How will a transfer switch eliminate the need for a lot of messy cords? (Audio Answer)
- What size extension cords should I be using with my generator? (Audio Answer)
- What is the overall cost of transfer switch installation and how easy to they make it to use the generator? (Audio Answer)
- Is a 5000 or 5500 Watt generator enough to cover my needs? (Audio Answer)
- Is there a complicated maintenance procedure needed when the generator is not in use? (Audio Answer)
- What about fuel stabilizer? (Audio Answer)
- Should I keep the fuel tank full or empty? (Audio Answer)
- What about oil changes? (Audio Answer)
- I just need a simple installation to power a single appliance, like a sump pump. What do I need to know? (Audio Answer)
- I live in a place where a generator isn't an option, what about a small-scale battery backup solution? (Audio Answer)
- What kind of draw is involved in keeping the heat on in winter? (Audio Answer)
- Why did you choose to sell Generac generators? (Audio Answer)
- What is the real-world price of a generator setup? (Audio Answer)