Generac 6237 Air Cooled Standby Generator
Generac 6237 8,000/7,000 Watt Air Cooled Standby Generator w/ Steel Enclosure and 100 AMP EZ Switch
Expand all tabs
Collapse into tabs
- Generac's OHVI engine was designed specifically for generators. It out performs most competitive generator engines with an engine life that is three to four times longer and has a significantly longer period between scheduled maintenance checkups
- TruePower Technology provides clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances
- Sturdy, galvanneal steel enclosure with RhinoCoatTM finish for superior weather protection, modeled to withstand 150 mph winds
- External "At-a-Glance" indicator lights offer an easy way to tell generator status without opening the generator enclosure
- Added Sound Reduction with enclosures that are lined with sound reducing foam panels for further noise reduction
- Hour Meter monitors run time, providing information to determine maintenance intervals
- Easiest installation on the market and an excellent value when purchased pre-packaged with a pre-wired transfer switch, or customize your system by purchasing the generator and transfer switch separately. Composite mounting pad is included, eliminating the need to pour a concrete base
The 6237 includes:
- 1x Generac 6237 8kW/7kW Air Cooled Standby Generator
- 1x Generac Pre-Wired 10 Circuit Transfer Switch
- Generac OHVI Engine - Your Guardian Series generator might have to get you through days—or weeks—without utility power. Generac's OHVI engine, specifically designed for generator use, provides the reliability to power through the most severe outages.
- True Power Technology - Best-in-class power quality with less than 5% total harmonic distortion means clean, smooth operation of your sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Evolution Controller - The next generation of intuitive controllers featuring a multilingual, two-line LCD text display with color-coded, backlit buttons.
- Certified for 18" Installation to the Home - Third-party certified to NFPA standards to be installed as close as 18" from the home's exterior wall, provided it is located away from doors, windows, and fresh-air intakes, and unless otherwise directed by local codes.
- Easy Installation - When combined with a pre-wired transfer switch, re-engineered connection points, and composite mounting pad that eliminates the need for a poured concrete base (unless specified by local codes), the Guardian Series 8 kW generator is easy to install.
- Rated for Operation in Areas with Low Natural Gas Pressure - In areas with low natural gas pressure, the Guardian Series 8 kW generator can operate on natural gas pressures of only 3.5" of water column.
- All-Weather Steel Enclosure - Our durable powder-coat finish helps make the sturdy, Galvanneal steel enclosure perfect for all weather conditions. It's also able to withstand 150 mph winds.
- Tool-less Fuel Conversion - Switch between natural gas and LP fuel in the field in a few seconds, without the need for any tools.
- Quick, Quiet Exercise Test - Standby generators require a short run-time periodically, known as exercise, to test and ensure the system is functioning properly and ready for an emergency. The Guardian 8 kW self-test runs for only twelve minutes. Choose your schedule - weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Mobile Link Compatible - Take advantage of Generac's Mobile Link cellular remote monitoring system and check on your generator's status using your computer, tablet or smartphone, even when you are away. Sold separately. Non-cellular remote monitoring options are also available for generator monitoring from inside the home.
- 24/7/365 Customer Support - Power outages don't always occur during normal working hours. That's why Generac's customer care call center—right here in Wisconsin—provides support any time of day or night, all year long. Generac is standing by 24/7, every minute of every day, to answer your questions.
- 5-year Limited Warranty
- Voltage (Single Phase): 240V
- Amps @ 240V LPG: 33.3
- Amps @ 240V NG: 29.2
- Engine/Alternator RPM: 3600 / 3600
- Engine: OHVI / 410cc
- Fuel Consumption @ full load LPG cu. ft/hr (cu. meter/hr): 51.6 (1.42)
- Fuel Consumption @ full load NG cu. ft/hr (gal.hr): 121 (3.43)
- db(A) at exercise: 62
- db(A) at normal operating load: 62
- Automatic Transfer Switch: 50 Amp pre-wired
- Enclosure: Steel
- Enclosure Color: Bisque
- Warranty: 5-year limited
- Dimensions (L" x W" x H"): 48 x 25 x 29
- Weight (lbs.): 360
Overall Rating for Generac 6237 Air Cooled Standby Generator