Generac 6245 Air Cooled Standby Generator
Generac 6245 8,000/7,000 Watt Air Cooled Standby Generator
- Generac's OHVI engine is purpose-built for the rigors of generator use, and requires significantly fewer scheduled maintenance checkups than competitive engines.
- True PowerTM Technology provides clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances
- RhinoCoatTM finish for superior weather protection to help prolong the life of your generator.
- Sturdy, galvanneal-steel enclosure is modeled to withstand winds up to 150 mph, and with a fire rating, 3rd-party-certified to NFPA standards, that allows for installations as close as 18" to the home
- Easiest installation on the market and an excellent value when purchased pre-packaged with a pre-wired transfer switch, or customize your system by purchasing the generator and transfer switch separately. Composite mounting pad is included, eliminating the need to pour a concrete base unless specified by local codes.
- The only standby generator certified for natural gas operation at 3.5" of water column to accommodate low-pressure areas.
- Mobile LinkTM compatible, for wireless remote monitoring of your generator. It sends alerts or text messages to your computer, tablet, or Smartphone.
- Generac's EvolutionTM Controller features a dual-line, multilingual LCD display in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese allowing for easy monitoring of history and maintenance logs, as well as management of generator functions. Also features a built-in hour meter to monitor run times, provide information to determine maintenance intervals, and trigger reminders.
Covered by Generac's 5 Year Limited Warranty. Click Here for Generac Warranty Documentation.
The 6245 includes:
- One (1) Generac 8kW/7kW Air Cooled Standby Generator
- Voltage (Single Phase): 240V
- Amps @ 240V LPG: 33.3
- Amps @ 240V NG: 29.2
- Engine/Alternator RPM: 3600 / 3600
- Engine: OHVI / 410cc
- Fuel Consumption @ full load LPG cu. ft/hr (cu. meter/hr): 51.6 (1.42)
- Fuel Consumption @ full load NG cu. ft/hr (gal.hr): 121 (3.43)
- db(A) at exercise: 62
- db(A) at normal operating load: 62
- Enclosure: Steel
- Enclosure Color: Bisque
- Warranty: 5-year limited
- Dimensions (L" x W" x H"): 48 x 25 x 29
- Weight (lbs.): 360
Essential Circuit Standby Generators
Excerpts From the Bosses Radio Show
- Two Important Factors to consider when setting up and locating your generator: (Audio Answer)
- What size generator do I need? (Audio Answer)
- Is it Ok to run a generator inside the home? (Audio Answer)
- What are the 3 ways to incorporate a generator into your backup power plan? (Audio Answer)
- What's the best way to incorporate a generator so that switching to it is hassle-free? (Audio Answer)
- How will a transfer switch eliminate the need for a lot of messy cords? (Audio Answer)
- What size extension cords should I be using with my generator? (Audio Answer)
- What is the overall cost of transfer switch installation and how easy to they make it to use the generator? (Audio Answer)
- Is a 5000 or 5500 Watt generator enough to cover my needs? (Audio Answer)
- Is there a complicated maintenance procedure needed when the generator is not in use? (Audio Answer)
- What about fuel stabilizer? (Audio Answer)
- Should I keep the fuel tank full or empty? (Audio Answer)
- What about oil changes? (Audio Answer)
- I just need a simple installation to power a single appliance, like a sump pump. What do I need to know? (Audio Answer)
- I live in a place where a generator isn't an option, what about a small-scale battery backup solution? (Audio Answer)
- What kind of draw is involved in keeping the heat on in winter? (Audio Answer)
- Why did you choose to sell Generac generators? (Audio Answer)
- What is the real-world price of a generator setup? (Audio Answer)