Generac 6438 Air Cooled Standby Generator
Generac 6438 11,000/10,000 Watt Air Cooled Standby Generator w/ Steel Enclosure and 200 Amp Generac Smart Switch
Expand all tabs
Collapse into tabs
- Restores power to your entire electrical panel automatically
- Digital Power Management (DPM) protects against overload
- Generac Smart Switch DLM technology allows for the smart control of 2 air conditioners
- Service Rated: Mounts between meter and main service panel
- 200 amp aluminum indoor/outdoor (NEMA 3R) cabinet
- True Power® Electrical Technology - Provides less than 5% THD
- Won't harm sensitive electronics & micro-chip based appliances
- Full pressure lubrication system w/ 2 year oil change interval
The 6438 includes:
- 1x Generac 6438 Guardian 11kW Air Cooled Standby Generator
- 1x Generac RTSY200A3 200 Amp Smart Switch
- Generac OHVI Engine - Your Guardian Series generator might have to get you through days—or weeks—without utility power. Generac's OHVI engine, specifically designed for generator use, provides the reliability to power through the most severe outages.
- True Power Technology - Best-in-class power quality with less than 5% total harmonic distortion means clean, smooth operation of your sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Evolution Controller - The next generation of intuitive controllers featuring a multilingual, two-line LCD text display with color-coded, backlit buttons.
- Certified for 18" Installation to the Home - Third-party certified to NFPA standards to be installed as close as 18" from the home's exterior wall, provided it is located away from doors, windows, and fresh-air intakes, and unless otherwise directed by local codes.
- Easy Installation - When combined with a pre-wired transfer switch, re-engineered connection points, and composite mounting pad that eliminates the need for a poured concrete base (unless specified by local codes), the Guardian Series 11 kW generator is easy to install.
- Rated for Operation in Areas with Low Natural Gas Pressure - In areas with low natural gas pressure, the Guardian Series 11 kW generator can operate on natural gas pressures of only 3.5" of water column.
- All-Weather Steel Enclosure - Our durable powder-coat finish helps make the sturdy, Galvanneal steel enclosure perfect for all weather conditions. It's also able to withstand 150 mph winds.
- Tool-less Fuel Conversion - Switch between natural gas and LP fuel in the field in a few seconds, without the need for any tools.
- Quick, Quiet Exercise Test - Standby generators require a short run-time periodically, known as exercise, to test and ensure the system is functioning properly and ready for an emergency. The Guardian 11 kW self-test runs for only twelve minutes. Choose your schedule - weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Mobile Link Compatible - Take advantage of Generac's Mobile Link cellular remote monitoring system and check on your generator's status using your computer, tablet or smartphone, even when you are away. Sold separately. Non-cellular remote monitoring options are also available for generator monitoring from inside the home.
- 24/7/365 Customer Support - Power outages don't always occur during normal working hours. That's why Generac's customer care call center—right here in Wisconsin—provides support any time of day or night, all year long. Generac is standing by 24/7, every minute of every day, to answer your questions.
- 5-year Limited Warranty
- Engine Brand: Generac OHVI
- HP/CC: 530 cc
- Consumer Engine Warranty: 5 Years
- Commercial Engine Warranty: 5 Years
- Engine RPM: 3600 RPM
- Low Oil Alert/Shutdown: Yes
- Voltage 120/240 Single-Phase
- Frequency: 60 Hertz
- Cooling System Air Cooled
- Fuel Type LP/Natural Gas
- NG Power Capacity 10,000 Watts
- LP Power Capacity 11,000 Watts
- NG Consumption (50% Load) 124 ft³/hr
- LP Consumption (50% Load) 1.18 gallons/hr
- Rated Amps: 46 Amps @ 240 Volts (Single Phase)
- Decibel Rating @ 7m: 63 db(A)
- A/C Ton Rating: 2-Tons
- Enclosure Steel
- Transfer Switch: Automatic (Included)
- Transfer Switch Amperage: 200-Amps
- Transfer Switch Style Service Disconnect
- ATS Service Disconnect: Yes
- ATS Poles: 2 Poles
- ATS Load Shedding: Built-In
- Battery: Not Included (525 CCA)
- UL Listed Yes
- Weight: 407 Lbs. (184.62 kilograms)
- Dimensions: 48"L x 25"W x 29"H
- Consumer Warranty: 5 Years
- Commercial Warranty: 5 Years
Overall Rating for Generac 6438 Air Cooled Standby Generator