Jet 708352 Model JWL-1236 Wood Lathe PLUS Stand 115 V, 1 phase
For Pre-Sales questions on Jet Tools and Machinery, feel free to contact Customer Service (888-804-7129) or for technical issues (800-274-6846). For all warranty issues, please call 800-274-6848.....and don't forget to tell them Lucy sent you!
- Wood Lathe has the best features for the Money
- Powerful 3/4 HP, 115 V motor turns pieces at 500-3,000 rpm
- Durable cast-iron Lathe bed
- 34-1/2 inches between working centers and a 12 inch swing
- Pivoting 90 degrees for outboard turning of up to 16-1/2 inch workpiece
- hollow tailstock allows for longer hole bores
- Solidly built, heavy duty smooth machine
The 708352 includes:
- Jet JWL-1236 Lathe
- Lathe Stand
- Part Number: 708352
- Swing Over Bed: 12"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 8-3/4"
- Distance Between Centers: 34-1/2"
- Outboard Turning: up to 16-1/2"
- Speeds: Six, 550-3000 RPM
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1" x 8 Teeth Per Inch
- Hole Through Spindle: 3/8"
- Tailstock Taper: MT-2
- Hole Through Tailstock: 3/8"
- Ram Travel: 2-1/4"
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 41"
- Motor: 3/4HP, 1 Phase, 115 Volts, 11 Amps
- Model Number: JWL-1236
- Brand: Jet
- Overall Dimensions: 60"x17"x44"
- Weight: 183 pounds
How Indexing Works on a Lathe:
Indexing with a lathe is a great way to simplify otherwise complicated flute and vein cuts. The spindle pulley in the headstock has 24 equally spaced holes drilled in it and there is a pin that goes through the headstock that can be screwed in to each hole to secure the work piece. This allows you to cut off of a pre-defined set of anchor points and makes it easy to produce beautiful flutes and veins.
Below is an example of a typical aftermarket Indexing Mechanism that gives you a general idea of how it works.
Check out the video below for a great how-to on Lathe Indexing
This item is covered by WMH's 5 Year Warranty and Jet's Red Assurance Protection Plan.
WMH Stands behind every product it sells with outstanding customer service and support. Their multitude of service repair centers offer quick turnarounds and most of the time they can authorize warranty repair, assist you in locating replacement parts, and perform routine maintenance and large repairs on your tools and machinery. To find a service center near you, please call 1-800-274-6848.