Jet 708358K JWL-1442VSK Variable Speed Wood Lathe PLUS Legs
For Pre-Sales questions on Jet Tools and Machinery, feel free to contact Customer Service (888-804-7129) or for technical issues (800-274-6846). For all warranty issues, please call 800-274-6848.....and don't forget to tell them Lucy sent you!
- Headstock swivels 360 degrees with positive stops at 45 degrees and 90 degrees
- Limit the vibration with this heavy-duty cast iron lathe bed
- Variable speed changes from 450 to 3,000 rotations per minute
- Five Year Warranty
- Indexing mechanism allows for fast and efficient fluting/veining operations
- Adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base due to Cam-lock mechanisms
- Live center has a removable pin for boring through stock
The 708358K includes:
- Jet JWL-1442VSK Lathe
- Set of Legs
- Hollow tailstock allows you to perform long hole boring for lamps and other vessels
- Special cast-in webbings in legs accept 2 x 4's or a 2 x 12 to construct a solid tool or sandbag shelf
- Part Number: 708358K
- Swing Over Bed: 14"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 10"
- Distance Between Centers: 42"
- Speeds: Eight, 450-3000 RPM
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1" x 8 Teeth Per Inch
- Hole Through Spindle: 3/8"
- Tailstock Taper: MT-2
- Hole Through Tailstock: 3/8"
- Ram Travel: 4"
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 43-1/2"
- Motor: 1 HP, 1 Phase, 115/230 Volts (prewired 115 Volts), 7.4/3.7 Amps
- Model Number: JWL-1442VSK
- Brand: Jet
- Overall Dimensions: 21"x20"x59"
- Weight: 356 pounds
How Indexing Works on a Lathe:
Indexing with a lathe is a great way to simplify otherwise complicated flute and vein cuts. The spindle pulley in the headstock has 24 equally spaced holes drilled in it and there is a pin that goes through the headstock that can be screwed in to each hole to secure the work piece. This allows you to cut off of a pre-defined set of anchor points and makes it easy to produce beautiful flutes and veins.
Below is an example of a typical aftermarket Indexing Mechanism that gives you a general idea of how it works.
Check out the video below for a great how-to on Lathe Indexing
This item is covered by WMH's 5 Year Warranty and Jet's Red Assurance Protection Plan.
WMH Stands behind every product it sells with outstanding customer service and support. Their multitude of service repair centers offer quick turnarounds and most of the time they can authorize warranty repair, assist you in locating replacement parts, and perform routine maintenance and large repairs on your tools and machinery. To find a service center near you, please call 1-800-274-6848.