JET 708359 EVS PRO Wood Lathe
JET 708359 JWL-1642EVS EVS PRO Wood Lathe
For Pre-Sales questions on Jet Tools and Machinery, feel free to contact Customer Service (888-804-7129) or for technical issues (800-274-6846). For all warranty issues, please call 800-274-6848.....and don't forget to tell them Lucy sent you!
Excludes Stock Numbers: 719100, 719110, 726100, and 719200. Other exclusions may apply.
- Nothing but the best, heavy-duty cast Iron Lathe Bed
- Quickly change the belt positions with a high/low speed change lever
- Removable pin for boring thru stock
- Positive locking indexing in 10 degree increments
- Industrial strength lathe offers an electronic inverter for an operating speed of 50 - 3,200 RPM
- Replace or remove your faceplates and chucks simply with a built-in spindkle locks
- Five Year Warranty
The 708359 includes:
- Jet JWL-1642EVS Lathe
- Hollow tailstock allows you to perform long hole boring for lamps and other vessels
- Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use tools
- Part Number: 708359
- Swing Over Bed: 16"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 12"
- Distance Between Centers: 42+"
- Speeds: Eight, 50-1200, 125-3200 RPM
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1-1/4" x 8 Teeth Per Inch
- Hole Through Spindle: 3/8"
- Hole Through Tailstock: 3/8"
- Ram Travel: 4"
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 44-1/2"
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 1 Phase, 115 Volt, 4.6 Amps
- Model Number: JWL-1642EVS
- Brand: Jet
- Overall Dimensions: 63.5"x20"x50"
- Weight: 410 pounds
How Indexing Works on a Lathe:
Indexing with a lathe is a great way to simplify otherwise complicated flute and vein cuts. The spindle pulley in the headstock has 24 equally spaced holes drilled in it and there is a pin that goes through the headstock that can be screwed in to each hole to secure the work piece. This allows you to cut off of a pre-defined set of anchor points and makes it easy to produce beautiful flutes and veins.
Below is an example of a typical aftermarket Indexing Mechanism that gives you a general idea of how it works.
Check out the video below for a great how-to on Lathe Indexing
This item is covered by WMH's 5 Year Warranty and Jet's Red Assurance Protection Plan.
WMH Stands behind every product it sells with outstanding customer service and support. Their multitude of service repair centers offer quick turnarounds and most of the time they can authorize warranty repair, assist you in locating replacement parts, and perform routine maintenance and large repairs on your tools and machinery. To find a service center near you, please call 1-800-274-6848.