JET 708359 EVS PRO Wood Lathe
The 708359 includes:
- 1x JET 708359 EVS PRO Wood Lathe
- Nothing but the best, heavy-duty cast Iron Lathe Bed
- Quickly change the belt positions with a high/low speed change lever
- Removable pin for boring thru stock
- Positive locking indexing in 10 degree increments
- Industrial strength lathe offers an electronic inverter for an operating speed of 50 - 3,200 RPM
- Replace or remove your faceplates and chucks simply with a built-in spindkle locks
The JET JWL-1642EVS 16" x 42" EVS PRO Wood Lathe is a one of a kind machine for the true wood turner. With a 1.5 HP motor and electronic inverter, you can operate the machine at any speed from 50 to 3,200 RPM. Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use any tools at all.
For Pre-Sales questions on Jet Tools and Machinery, feel free to contact Customer Service at (888) 804-7129, or for technical issues call (800) 274-6846). For all warranty issues, please call (800) 274-6848.....and don't forget to tell them Lucy sent you!
- Hollow tailstock allows you to perform long hole boring for lamps and other vessels
- Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use tools
- Brand: JET
- Model: JWL-1642EVS
- MPN: 708359
- UPC: 662755476990
- Type: Lathe
- Swing Over Bed: 16"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 12"
- Distance Between Centers: 42+"
- Speeds: Eight, 50-1200, 125-3200 RPM
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1-1/4" x 8 Teeth Per Inch
- Hole Through Spindle: 3/8"
- Hole Through Tailstock: 3/8"
- Ram Travel: 4"
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 44-1/2"
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 1 Phase, 115 Volt, 4.6 Amps
- Dimensions: 63.5"x20"x50"
- Weight: 410 pounds
- Package Qty.: 1
How Indexing Works on a Lathe:
Indexing with a lathe is a great way to simplify otherwise complicated flute and vein cuts. The spindle pulley in the headstock has 24 equally spaced holes drilled in it and there is a pin that goes through the headstock that can be screwed in to each hole to secure the work piece. This allows you to cut off of a pre-defined set of anchor points and makes it easy to produce beautiful flutes and veins.
Below is an example of a typical aftermarket Indexing Mechanism that gives you a general idea of how it works.
Check out the video below for a great how-to on Lathe Indexing
This item is covered by WMH's 5 Year Warranty and Jet's Red Assurance Protection Plan.
WMH Stands behind every product it sells with outstanding customer service and support. Their multitude of service repair centers offer quick turnarounds and most of the time they can authorize warranty repair, assist you in locating replacement parts, and perform routine maintenance and large repairs on your tools and machinery. To find a service center near you, please call 1-800-274-6848.
Overall Rating for JET 708359 EVS PRO Wood Lathe
|(no reviews)||Be the first to rate and review this item|