JET 708360 JWL-1642-2 EVS Pro Wood Lathe
For Pre-Sales questions on Jet Tools and Machinery, feel free to contact Customer Service at (888) 804-7129, or for technical issues call (800) 274-6846). For all warranty issues, please call (800) 274-6848.....and don't forget to tell them Lucy sent you!
- Powerful 2 horsepower, single phase motor
- Plenty of turning capacity with a 16" swing and 42" between headstock and tailstock
- Variable speed drive lets you index between eight speeds, ranging from 0 - 3,200 RPM
- Index mechanism every 10 degrees for fluting and veining
- Designed to bring accuracy, capability and durability
The Jet 708360 JWL-1642-2 EVS Pro Wood Lathe is a true powerhouse packed into a space saving design. It offers a huge turning capacity with a 16" swing and 42" between headstock and tailstock. The 2 HP single phase motor offers plenty of power to tackle any sized turning job. It features a swing over tool rest that allows you to work safer and achieve more accurate results. The variable speed drive allows you to index between 8 independent speeds so you can dial in just the right amount of power needed for any given project, and the spindle can be indexed every 10 degrees for fluting and veining. Jet is legendary for its quality machinery and incorporates advance features into every product it produces, and the JWL-1642-2 EVS Pro Wood Lathe is another addition to a long line of quality Jet equipment.
The 708360 includes:
- Jet JWL-1642-2EVS EVS Pro Wood Lathe
- Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use tools
- Hollow tailstock allows you to perform long hole boring for lamps and other vessels
- Special cast-in webbings in legs accept 2 x 4's or a 2 x 12 to construct a solid tool or sandbag shelf
- Tool storage basket conveniently holds chisels and other tools within easy reach of operator
- Part Number: 708360
- Swing Over Bed: 16"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 12"
- Distance Between Centers: 42+"
- Speeds: Eight, 50-1200, 125-3200 RPM
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1-1/4" x 8 Teeth Per Inch
- Hole Through Spindle: 3/8"
- Hole Through Tailstock: 3/8"
- Ram Travel: 4"
- Centerline of Spindle to Floor: 44-1/2"
- Motor: 2 HP, 1 Phase, 230 Volt, 6.1 Amps
- Model Number: JWL-1642EVS-2
- Brand: Jet
- Dimensions: 58.5"x28.5"x27.5"
- Weight: 456 pounds
UPC - 662755477003
How Indexing Works on a Lathe:
Indexing with a lathe is a great way to simplify otherwise complicated flute and vein cuts. The spindle pulley in the headstock has 24 equally spaced holes drilled in it and there is a pin that goes through the headstock that can be screwed in to each hole to secure the work piece. This allows you to cut off of a pre-defined set of anchor points and makes it easy to produce beautiful flutes and veins.
Below is an example of a typical aftermarket Indexing Mechanism that gives you a general idea of how it works.
Check out the video below for a great how-to on Lathe Indexing
This item is covered by WMH's 5 Year Warranty and Jet's Red Assurance Protection Plan.
WMH Stands behind every product it sells with outstanding customer service and support. Their multitude of service repair centers offer quick turnarounds and most of the time they can authorize warranty repair, assist you in locating replacement parts, and perform routine maintenance and large repairs on your tools and machinery. To find a service center near you, please call 1-800-274-6848.
Overall Rating for JET 708360 JWL-1642-2 EVS Pro Wood Lathe
|(no reviews)||Be the first to rate and review this item|