JET 708375 Indexing Mini Lathe
JET 708375 JML-1014I Indexing Mini Lathe
For Pre-Sales questions on Jet Tools and Machinery, feel free to contact Customer Service (888-804-7129) or for technical issues (800-274-6846). For all warranty issues, please call 800-274-6848.....and don't forget to tell them Lucy sent you!
- This compact tool offers six operating speeds
- Support stock up to 10 inches in diameter and 14 inches in length
- Powerful 1/2 HP motor that offers six speeds and a motor tilting adjustment handle
- 24 position indexing mechanism
- Live center has a removable pin for boring through stock
- 5 Year Warranty
The 708375 includes:
- Jet JML-1014I Mini Lathe
- 4 Non-skid rubber feet
- Part Number: 708375
- Swing Over Bed: 10"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 7-1/2"
- Distance Between Centers: 14"
- Speeds: Eight, 500, 840, 1240, 1800, 2630, 3975 RPM
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1" x 8 Teeth Per Inch
- Hole Through Spindle: 3/8"
- Hole Through Tailstock: 3/8"
- Ram Travel: 2"
- Motor: 1/2 HP, 1 Phase, 115 Volt, 5 Amps
- Model Number: JML-1014I
- Brand: Jet
- Overall Dimensions: 26"x10.25"x14.125"
- Weight: 72 pounds
How Indexing Works on a Lathe:
Indexing with a lathe is a great way to simplify otherwise complicated flute and vein cuts. The spindle pulley in the headstock has 24 equally spaced holes drilled in it and there is a pin that goes through the headstock that can be screwed in to each hole to secure the work piece. This allows you to cut off of a pre-defined set of anchor points and makes it easy to produce beautiful flutes and veins.
Below is an example of a typical aftermarket Indexing Mechanism that gives you a general idea of how it works.
Check out the video below for a great how-to on Lathe Indexing
This item is covered by WMH's 5 Year Warranty and Jet's Red Assurance Protection Plan.
WMH Stands behind every product it sells with outstanding customer service and support. Their multitude of service repair centers offer quick turnarounds and most of the time they can authorize warranty repair, assist you in locating replacement parts, and perform routine maintenance and large repairs on your tools and machinery. To find a service center near you, please call 1-800-274-6848.