Jet 708375VS JML-1014I Variable Speed Indexing Mini Lathe
For Pre-Sales questions on Jet Tools and Machinery, feel free to contact Customer Service (888-804-7129) or for technical issues (800-274-6846). For all warranty issues, please call 800-274-6848.....and don't forget to tell them Lucy sent you!
- Continously variable speed operation from 500-3900 rpm
- Heavy-duty cast-iron lathe bed adds stability while limiting vibration during operation
- Spindle lock allows for ease of removing chucks and faceplates
- Indexing mechanism which allows for fast, efficient, fluting and veining operations
- Live center has a removable pin for boring through stock
- Self-ejecting tailstock for safe and easy removal of tooling
- Cam-lock mechanisms allow adjustments of headstock, tailstock and tool rest base without having to use tools
- Hollow tailstock allows you to perform long hole boring for lamps and other vessels
This little giant is a leader in the industry. With the variable speed you have total control to turn any project that comes to your mind.
The 708375VS includes:
- Jet JML-1014I Variable Speed Lathe
- 4 Rubber Feet
- Part Number: 708375VS
- Swing Over Bed: 10"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 7-1/2"
- Distance Between Centers: 14"
- Speeds: Variable from 500-3900 RPM
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1" x 8 Teeth Per Inch
- Hole Through Spindle: 3/8"
- Hole Through Tailstock: 3/8"
- Ram Travel: 2"
- Motor: 1/2 HP, 1 Phase, 115 Volt, 5 Amps
- Model Number: JML-1014VSI
- Brand: Jet
- Overall Dimensions: 28.125"x10.25"x14.125"
- Weight: 80 pounds
How Indexing Works on a Lathe:
Indexing with a lathe is a great way to simplify otherwise complicated flute and vein cuts. The spindle pulley in the headstock has 24 equally spaced holes drilled in it and there is a pin that goes through the headstock that can be screwed in to each hole to secure the work piece. This allows you to cut off of a pre-defined set of anchor points and makes it easy to produce beautiful flutes and veins.
Below is an example of a typical aftermarket Indexing Mechanism that gives you a general idea of how it works.
Check out the video below for a great how-to on Lathe Indexing
This item is covered by WMH's 5 Year Warranty and Jet's Red Assurance Protection Plan.
WMH Stands behind every product it sells with outstanding customer service and support. Their multitude of service repair centers offer quick turnarounds and most of the time they can authorize warranty repair, assist you in locating replacement parts, and perform routine maintenance and large repairs on your tools and machinery. To find a service center near you, please call 1-800-274-6848.