JET 708404 Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sander
The 708404 includes:
- 1x JET 708404 JBOS-5 Bench Top Oscillating Spindle Sander
- 1/4" Spindle Assembly
- 1/2" Spindle Assembly
- 5/8" Spindle Assembly
- 1-1/2" Spindle Assembly
- 2" Spindle Assembly
- (2) Round Table Inserts
- (2) Oblong Table Inserts
- 1" oscillating action reduces friction heat to protect wood and prolong sleeve life
- Main spindle support runs on precision ball bearings and is oscillated by a heavy-duty worm and gear mechanism for consistent performance
- Oscillation gears run in a sealed lubricated box to prolong their life and durability
- Table tilts to 45° to accommodate bevel sanding projects
- Removable on/off safety switch prevents accidental start-up
- Powerful 1/2 HP induction motor easily handles the toughest sanding projects
- Built-in 2" dust port keeps dust and debris out of the air
- Spindles have threaded ends for quick, easy changes
The Jet JBOS-5 708404 Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sander is designed for high efficiency sanding of curved and contoured pieces of stock. The spindle moves with a 1" oscillating motion, helping to reduce heat and protect the stock from burning. The oscillating action also greatly extends the life of the sanding sleeve, saving you money in replacement sleeves. Like every Jet product, the JBOS-5 is designed with advanced features to make your work safer and easier. The table tilts up to 45 degrees to allow you to sand on a bevel, and the built-in dust port allows you to keep your work area, and the air, cleaner and safer. The powerful 1/2 HP motor is designed to last and the removable on/off switch offers added safety by preventing accidental start-ups. Whether you're an avid hobbyist or a die-hard professional, the Jet JBOS-5 708404 Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sander will give you the results you need at a price you can afford.
For Pre-Sales questions on Jet Tools and Machinery, feel free to contact Customer Service at (888) 804-7129, or for technical issues call (800) 274-6846). For all warranty issues, please call (800) 274-6848.....and don't forget to tell them Lucy sent you!
- Table inserts help prevent the dust and debris from falling into the motor; help protect operator
- Built-in storage racks keep spindles and table inserts handy
- Brand: JET
- Model: JBOS-5
- MPN: 708404
- UPC: 662755211492
- Type: Sander
- Style (Type): Benchtop
- Oscillations Per Minute: 30
- Oscillation Stroke (In.): 1
- Spindle Speed (RPM): 1,725
- Table Size (L x W) (In.): 14-1/2 x 14-1/2
- Table Height (In.): 18-1/2
- Table Tilt (Deg.): 0 - 45
- Motor Power (HP): 1/2
- Motor Phase: 1
- Motor Voltage: 110 Volt
- Motor Amperage: 3 Amps
- Weight: 82 lbs
- Package Qty.: 1
This item is covered by WMH's 5 Year Warranty and Jet's Red Assurance Protection Plan.
WMH Stands behind every product it sells with outstanding customer service and support. Their multitude of service repair centers offer quick turnarounds and most of the time they can authorize warranty repair, assist you in locating replacement parts, and perform routine maintenance and large repairs on your tools and machinery. To find a service center near you, please call 1-800-274-6848.
Overall Rating for JET 708404 Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sander
By Joe from Mass on March 18, 2015
Pros:plenty of power, very nice table.
Cons:Does not have variable speed nor does it come with a fence.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
By Bob G. from Chicago, Il on December 15, 2014
The unit was slightly damaged during shipping, however nothing that 10 mns. worth of time to straighten the front right corner and some touch up paint didn't solve. Not worth the time or effort to send back. Although I'm certain that Tools-plus would have immediately resolved any issue.
Pros:Strong solid machine. Great table size,
Cons:Dust evacuation could be better ! Why would JET use a 2 O.D. fitting ? Had to hunt and retrofit a Rockler 2 1/4' OD to 4 OD and ream the 2 1/4 ID to fit..... after calling JET technical. POOR DESIGN
Wish the inserts were height adjustable. Once again had to retrofit in order to make flush with table top. Simple set screws would have done the trick....Come on JET !