JET 708494K JPS-10TS 10" Proshop Tablesaw PLUS 30" Fence, Cast Iron Wings
The 708494K includes:
- 1x Jet 10" Proshop Table Saw
- 1x 30" Fence
- Cast Iron Extension wings
- 1x 10" Saw blade
- 1-3/4HP, 1Ph, 115/230V (Prewired 115 Volts)
- Easy access arbor lock means quick blade changes from the top of the table
- Blade guard and riving knife can be quickly removed without the need for tools
- Heavy duty cast iron table features and integrated T-style miter gauge slot
- Cabinet floor is sloped with a 4" extraction port for enhanced dust removal
- Controls are easily accessible for added safety and convenience
- Heavy duty cast iron trunion tilts left and is designed for increased durability
- Includes a 10" blade
If you thought you had to sacrifice the power and accuracy of a high end cabinet saw for the compact design and flexibility of a contractor-type table saw, think again. Jet's 708494K 10" Proshop Table Saw is a true powerhouse of a table saw, and will give you the best of "both worlds". The 708494K sports many features of larger table saws, including a precision riving knife and a heavy duty cast iron trunion. The riving knife and blade guard can be easily removed without the need for tools, and the cabinet features an integrated 4" dust port so it can be easily integrated into your current dust collection solution. Don't sacrifice valuable floor space when you can get all the features and power you need in a compact Jet 708494K 10" Proshop Table Saw.
For all JET warranty issues, please visit thier warranty site.
- Part Number: 708494K
- Blade Diameter: 10 "
- Arbor Diameter: 5/8 "
- Arbor Speed: 4000 RPM
- Maximum Depth of Cut: 3 1/8 "
- Maximum Depth of Cut at 45 Degrees: 2 1/8 "
- Maximum Rip Right of Blade: 30 "
- Maximum Rip Left of Blade: 12 "
- Table in Front of Saw Blade at Maximum Depth of Cut: 10 "
- Maximum Width of Dado: 13/16 "
- Maximum Diameter of Dado: 8 "
- Table Type: cast iron
- Table Height: 343/4 "
- Table Size with Standard Extension (L x W): 27 x 44 "
- Table Size without Wings (L x W): 20 x 27 "
- Dust Port Outside Diameter: 4 "
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required: 350 cu.ft/min
- Dust Collection Adapter Port: yes
- Miter Gauge Type: T-slot with stops
- Motor Power: 13/4 HP
- Motor Voltage: 115 / 230 V
- Prewired Voltage: 115 V
- Motor Current: 15 / 7 A
- Motor Phase: 1 Ph
- Web Description: JPS-10TS, 10" PROSHOP 30" FENCE, CAST IRON WINGS WITH RIVING KNIFE
- Model Number: JPS-10TS CW-30
- Brand: Jet
- Dimensions: assembled 60"L x 40"W x 41"H
- Height: 39 inch
- Width: 35 inch
- Length: 82 inch
- Net Weight: 298.8 pound
This item is covered by WMH's 5 Year Warranty and Jet's Red Assurance Protection Plan.
WMH Stands behind every product it sells with outstanding customer service and support. Their multitude of service repair centers offer quick turnarounds and most of the time they can authorize warranty repair, assist you in locating replacement parts, and perform routine maintenance and large repairs on your tools and machinery. To find a service center near you, please visit Jet's service center page.
Overall Rating for JET 708494K JPS-10TS 10" Proshop Tablesaw PLUS 30" Fence, Cast Iron Wings
By Harvey from Southbury, CT on November 3, 2012
The riving knife is excellent and just about eliminates blade burn in cherry and maple. I wish there was a riving knife available for thin kerf blades as well. There are times I just can't waste the width of the cut.
This thing is heavy! I had to remove the cast iron table to move it to my workshop, but re-attaching and aligning it was easy. I had the advantage of a gauge to check alignment but the process was easy.
The finish on the cabinet and legs appears to be powder coat and I did not chip or scratch anything during assembly. Speaking of assembly, it is nice that all necessary tools were included with the saw. Too bad they didn't include an insert for a dado head. I guess they can't sell you the wrenches but they can sell you the insert..
The fence works wonderfully. Smooth motion and rock solid when it is locked down. The miter gauge has some really nice features like 45 and 90 degree detents and miter slot width adjust, but the head flexes easily so I am not sure that I will stay with it. I will have to see if that affects the accuracy of my work.
There is a little hook on the right side of the cabinet that apparently is intended to store something, but it is so hard to reach for that it is useless. There is no provision for storing the miter gauge blade guard or riving knife when not in use. I think that I will have to add a small cabinet under one of the extension wings.
This is the nicest table saw I have ever worked with and I have no regrets with this purchase.
Cons:no place to store the miter gauge, riving knife or blade guard when not in use.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
By Jeff from Maryland on March 18, 2013
Saw went together exactly as described in instructions. Just be carefull not to throw out the rail kit bolts, they are tucked away in the bottom of the rail kit box. They are not with the fence kit or the saw parts.
I assembled the legs to the cabinet upside down and still on the styrofoam packing, then two of us flipped it over onto a mobile base. This is the best time to put it on a base. Once the cast iron wings and rails go on it's going to take four people to lift it onto a base.
Saw blade was aligned to the miter slot perfectly. I did not have to touch the adjustment for that. Only adjustments needed was to level the fence to the table, square the fence to the miter slot, and square the fence to the table top. Very minor adjustments. I have an Osborne miter gauge so I am not using the Jet Miter guage.
Saw works great. I do need to put it on a different circuit than my last saw, a 1.5 HP Delta. The 1.75 HP Jet motor draws enough juice at startup to dim the lights in my shop. Once the saw is running the lights come back up. The Delta never did that.