Makita BHR241Z 7/8" 18 Volt LXT Lithium-Ion SDS Rotary Hammer (Bare Tool)
- Unique handle design absorbs shock and impact, protecting you and the tool from damage
- Quick and easy bit changes with Makita's one-touch sliding chuck
- 360 deg. rotating chisel with 40 preset positions for added versatility
- Compact and lightweight at only 7.7lbs; use is all day without breaking a sweat
- Oversized variable speed trigger allows precise control over the tool
- Soft grip handle for added comfort and control
- Powered by Makita's LXT Lithium-Ion battery system that provides 430% total lifetime work and 3x more cycles
Rotary Hammers are designed for tough jobs, so make sure the rotary hammer you decide to purchase is up to the task. The Makita BHR241Z 18 Volt LXT Lithium-Ion SDS Rotary Hammer is most definitely up to the task and will take and dish out all the punishment you can throw at it. The BHR241Z features a full 1.9 joules of impact energy; we're not sure what that means either, but we do know that when we tested out ourselves, this hammer chewed through just about every material we threw at it. The handle design helped absorb much of the shock during operation, making it easier on us and easier on the tool itself. And we were impressed with the lightweight of this tool, expecting something more in the 10 plus pound range for this kind of power, the light and compact 7.7lb frame was a blessing to our limbs. The Makita BHR241Z is a bare tool only and will work with your current 18 volt LXT batteries.
The BHR241Z includes:
- One (1) 18 Volt LXT Lithium-Ion 7/8" Cordless SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer
- One (1) Side Handle (158057-6)
- One (1) Depth Gauge (324219-0)
- Battery Voltage: 18 Volts
- Bit Retention System: SDS+
- Speed Settings: Single Speed
- Operating Modes: Drill Only, Drill Plus Hammering, Hammer Only
- Max. No Load RPM Speed: 0-1,100 RPM
- Max. Blows Per Minute: 0-4,000 BPM
- Impact Energy: 1.9 Joules
- Max Capacity Wood: 1"
- Max Capacity Concrete: 7/8"
- Max Capacity Metal: 1/2"
- Body Style: Right-Angle Body
- Handle Style: D-Handle
- Switch Style: Trigger Switch
- Battery Technology: Li-Ion
- Battery Style: Slide-On
- Number of Batteries: None (Tool Only)
- Tool Length: 16-3/8"
- Product Weight (lbs.): 7.70lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty: 3 Years
Makita LXT Video
Overall Rating for Makita BHR241Z LXT Lithium-Ion SDS Rotary Hammer
Makita Lithium-Ion SDS Rotary Hammer
By Roman from Lakeville, Maine on February 17, 2012
Makita SDS Rotary Hammer is primarily a hammer drill and not really multi-functional as the other one, allowing it to do a great job with any concrete drilling. I've even drilled holes in granite that I could hardly bore before. It's a great portable tool.