Makita BSS611Z LXT Lithium-ion Circular Saw
Makita BSS611Z 18V 6 1/2" LXT Lithium-ion Circular Saw (Bare Tool)
- Makita-built high torque D35 motor is a tru cutting champion offering maximum power
- Easily cuts through 2x material at 45 deg. with a 50 deg. maximum capacity
- Super compact design at just over 13" long and under 7 lbs., use it all day long with less fatigue
- Ergonomic, cushioned grip fits your hand like a glove and results in more control and accuracy
- Saw base is constructed of heavy gauge, precision machined steel for super smooth and accurate cuts
- Two-piece armature and field along with externally accessible brushes for serviceability and longer motor life
- To be used with the Makita 3.0 Amp Battery (not included with this bare tool)
Makita Cordless Circular Saw - 18V Power at a 12V Weight.
The BSS611Z has a few less features than the BSS610Z, which is reflected by its less expensive cost. If you are not looking for some of the Bells and Whistles that the other Lithium-ion Cordless Circular Saw has, then this is a great compact saw for the money. This circular saw is the same saw that is contained in the Makita Combo Kits. Its compact design at only 13-3/8" in length and weighs only 6.9 lbs (when you add battery which is not included), for less operator fatigue.
This model does not feature the LED cutting guide or the blade brake. See the Makita BSS610Z for the same saw with those additional features.
The BSS611Z includes:
- Makita 18V 6-1/2" LXT Cordless Circular Saw (Bare Tool)
- (1) D-26624 Circular Saw Blade
- (Batteries and charger sold separately)
- Blade Diameter: 6-1/2"
- Arbor: 5/8"
- No Load Speed: 3,700 RPM
- Maximum Cutting Depth: 90° - 2-1/4", 45° - 1-9/16", 50° - 1-7/16"
- Watt Hours: 54.0
- Battery(Ah): 3.0
- Tool Length: 13-5/8"
Overall Rating for Makita BSS611Z LXT Lithium-ion Circular Saw
By gary from Texas on January 5, 2012
Cons:Nobody lists a warning about the battery requirement!
Merchant Response:The 1.5 AH Lithium-Ion Battery (BL1815) was developed for the Compact (Black/White) line of LXT. It has 1/2 the "run time" of our 3.0 Amp Hour Battery (BL1830).
As shown in the Tech Specs, use the 3.0 Amp Hour Battery (BL1830) for he LXT products (Teal/Black) for high RPM tools like grinders, circular saws, etc