Makita LS1016L 10" Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw PLUS Laser
- Largest crown molding cutting capacity in its class
- Compact design with a patented 4-Steel rail sliding system
- Soft start technology for smooth start ups
- Powerful 15 Amp motor with angular head design to allow bevel cuting 45° right
- Built- in laser precision clearly indicates line of cut to the left or right side of blade
- Exclusive 6 linear Ball Bearings
- Increased Capacity for up to 6-5/8" crown molding (vertical nested)
- Compounds to both left and right
The new Makita LS1016L 10" Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw is engineered with Deep and exact cutting Technology (DXT): it is a 10" dual slide compound miter saw with the crown cutting capacity (vertically nested) of a 12" saw, and also has the increased accuracy of a 10-inch blade without the potential run-out of larger blades. The LS1016L combines large cutting capacity with a range of precision and ease-of-use features. In addition, the LS1016L is compact and easier to maneuver, making it ideal for day-to-day use at the jobsite or on the benchtop.
The LS1016L includes:
- Model # LS1016L Compound Miter Saw
- Model # A-93675 10"x5/8" 60T TCT Saw Blade
- Model # 122854-6 Vertical Vise
- Model # 122852-0 Dust Bag
- Model # 762001-3 Triangular Rule
- Model # 782232-8 Socket Wrench
- Mode # 783208-8 Hex Wrench
- Large Cutting Capacity for Increased Accuracy
- 4-3/4" baseboard cutting capacity (vertical) and cross-cutting capacity of 12" at 90°
- Exclusive 6 linear ball bearings allow it to deliver smooth, solid and adjustment-free "dead-on" accurate cuts.
- Innovative direct drive gearbox and guard system engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity.
- Precise Miter and Bevel Cuts
- Makita's exclusive 4-3/4" tall sliding fence system features upper and lower fence adjustments for more precise and versatile miter and bevel cuts.
- The LS1016L miters 0° to 52° left and 0 to 60° right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, and 45° (left and right).
- Dual rear-handle bevel lock is easily accessible with adjustments 0° to 45° (left and right), with positive stops at 22.5°, 33.9°, and 45° (left and right).
- Compact design with a patented 4-Steel Rail Sliding System further increases rigidity to produce superior cuts
- Easy one-touch miter lock for accurate adjustments and increased efficiency
- 15 AMP Power and Smoother, Higher-Quality Cutting
- Innovative direct drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity.
- LS1016L has a 15 AMP direct gear box motor designed to not slip, bog down, or require maintenance like belt-driven saws.
- Soft start feature delivers smoother start-ups, and the Electronic Speed Control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher-quality cutting.
- Ergonomic Convenience
- Weighing only 52.2 lbs. which is great for jobsite portability
- Oversized trigger switch for better fit, added comfort and easier operation
- Replaceable stainless steel miter scale features large and easy-to-read markings
- Blade diameter : 10"
- Arbor: 5/8"
- Bevel range L/R: 45° - 45°
- Miter range L/R: 52° - 60°
- Cutting capacity at 0°: 12"
- Cutting capacity L/R 45°: 8-1/2"
- Crown molding capacity (vertically nested): 6-5/8"
- Base board at 45°(vertical): 4-3/4"
- Amps (120V): 15.0
- 3,200 RPM - No load speed
- Overall dimension (L x W x H): 28-1/8" x 25-1/4" x 26-1/2"
- Weight: 52.2 lbs.
UPC - 088381099585
Makita Celebrates 100 Years of Innovation
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial quality power tools, and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita applies leading-edge innovation to produce tools that are stronger, lighter, more powerful and easier to use All Makita tools are covered by a one-year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship, and may be serviced at any Makita Factory Service Center or Authorized Service Center nationwide.
Makita LS1016L Warranty:
Every Makita tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. If you are not satisfied with any Makita tool within 30 days of purchase, return it and Makita will provide a replacement or refund. Each Makita tool is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of ONE YEAR from the date of original purchase.
About Makita Miter Saws
Makita's new miter saws are designed with an innovative direct drive gearbox and patented retractable guard system engineered for large vertical cutting capacity - the LS1016L 10" Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw has a 6-5/8" crown molding cutting capacity (vertically nested). The exclusive six linear ball bearings on this LS1016L miter saw, delivers smooth, solid and adjustment-free "dead-on" accurate cuts. The saw also has a compact design with a patented four-steel rail sliding system that further increases ridgidity to produce superior cuts, as the four steel rails provide less deflection. The four steel rails also enable a more compact rear design than standard two-rail systems. Makita's new miter saws with DXT (Deep and eXact Cutting Technology) deliver a larger cutting capacity and more accuracy combined with a more compact rear design. With Nearly 90 years of experience in advanced motor design, Makita applies the latest innovation to engineer and manufacture the best miter saws and power tools in the world. At jobsites around the world, professional users are dumping their old tools and getting the new and gearing-up with Makita.
Overall Rating for Makita LS1016L 10" Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw PLUS Laser
By Woodworker1 from Cape May, NJ on February 11, 2012
Pros:The angle adjustments are easy and stay where you put them.
It came out of the box not needing any adjustments. Worked great right from the start.
Cons:The dust collection bag that comes with the saw isn't very good at collecting.
Some of the accessories are not readily available. Can't find the horizontal clamp or the crown molding angle gauges. I ordered the gauges and recieved something for another model.