Metabo SXE400 Compact Random Orbital Compact Random Orbital Disc Sander
- Sanding pad size 3-1/8" round; orbit size 1/16"
- Orbits per minute 5,000-10,000
- 2.0 Amps
- External dust extraction outlet
- Tool weight 3.3 lbs
- Thumbwheel for preselection of speed
- Excellent result even for polishing smaller surfaces
- Long service life through spindle with dustproof triple ball bearing design
The Metabo SXE400, is a variable-speed, random-orbit sander with a couple of unusual features. The right-angle head places the motor parallel to the work, instead of at a right angle and with a 3 inch diameter disc, this compact tool is the right tool for all those small places. Many of our car restoration customers have commented on how impressed they were with the smart compact design and how it fits in those tight places while providing the aggressive sanding capabilities they require.
The SXE400 includes:
- Metabo Model SXE400 Disc Sander
- Light handy tool
- Rotation and additional orbital movement of the sanding pad
- No sanding scratches when the running tool is applied to the workpiece (Power Control System)
- Excellent for sanding internal and external surfaces
- Clean sanding of narrow strips due to even pressure over total surface
- Ideal for polishing small surfaces
- Variospeed (V) full-wave electronic speed control
- Thumbwheel for continuous variation of speed
- Low profile body enables sanding in confined spaces (e.g. between stair steps)
- Pad Size: 3-1/8-in Round (6 Hole)
- OPM: 5,000 - 10,000
- Orbit Size: 1/8-in
- Amperage: 2
- Rated Input Watts: 220 Watts
- Tool Length: 10-3/4-in
- Weight: 3.3 lbs.
Overall Rating for Metabo SXE400 Compact Random Orbital Disc Sander
By Kevin Kundert from Belgrade, MT on May 11, 2012
Pros:Tough, fairly smooth operation
Cons:Little large (width)
I would recommend this item to a friend.
metabo 3" random orbit sander
By Phillip from Campton, Kentucky on February 8, 2012
After looking at the festool sanders which are very nice, they were a bit too rich for my blood. I ran across the
metabo and it fit the bill price and all, ( Tools-Plus had the best price) I find myself using this sander more than
I do the 6" model . My porter cable tool-triggered vac jam fits up over the dust port very easily and stays put.
This sander excels at sanding the rails and stiles on cabinet doors of which I build a lot of. It is very easy to use
& does not leave you with aching hands and forarms at the end of a long sanding cession. You can tell it is made for the profesional the minute you pick it up. I have not had the opportunity to use the countour pad that
came with it. but it looks pretty flimsey.