Milwaukee 6242-6 Portable Compact Band Saw
The 6242-6 includes:
- Milwaukee Portable Compact Band Saw
- (1) Carrying Case
- (1) Blade
- Large 3-1/4" cutting capacity to handle a wide variety of cutting applications
- 45% lighter and more compact than the deep cut version, easily goes where other portable band saws can't
- Bright LED light illuminates cutting area in dark conditions
- Tool-free adjustable shoe for flush cutting against walls and ceilings
- Variable speed allows you to match the speed of the blade to your material
- Drop resistant pulley guard and impact resistant polymer construction make this saw job site tough
If you're a mechanical, plumbing or electrical professional, you know the difference the size and weight of the tool can make during repeated use. Add to that the idea of having to hold a tool over your head to do the job and you'll understand why smaller is better. The 6242-6 Compact Band Saw from Milwaukee was designed with you, and your sore muscles, in mind. Weighing in at a feathery 9.5lbs and measuring only 16" in length, this band saw is the right choice for repeated and overhead use. And don't think the small size means small performance; this saw can cleanly cut 3" copper, 3" angle iron and 2-1/2" conduit in a single pass. And the tool-free adjustable material shoe means you can make quick shoe adjustments to allow you to make flush cuts against walls and ceilings. And once you round it out with a bright LED light to illuminate your cutting area, we're sure you'll agree that you've got yourself the "full package" portable band saw.
- Voltage: 120 AC Only
- Amps: 7.0
- SFPM: 200-360
- Max Capacity (Rectangular): 3-1/4" x 3-1/4"
- Max Capacity (Round): 3-1/4"
- Switch Type: On/Off Trigger
- Blade Length: 35-3/8"
- Cord Type: 3-Wire
- Cord Length: 8'
- Grounded: Yes
- Weight: 9.5 lbs
- Length: 16"
UPC - 045242198221
Overall Rating for Milwaukee 6242-6 Portable Compact Band Saw
By Ric from California on September 26, 2012
Pros:light is VERY helpful
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Milwaukee Compact bandsaw
By exelectrician from Seattle on April 9, 2012
At almost half the weight and with a minimal amount of throat size reduction, I have a saw I can go to for a whole lot more cuts. I am very happy I swapped saws, the best recent power tool purchase I have made.
Rugged and reliable,
Easy to change blades, from fine pitch to coarse pitch.