Nova 6006 Mini Cole Chuck Accessory Jaw Set
- Designed for re-chucking of bowls to remove chuck marks, add decoration or to re-shape the bottoms of bowls that have already been turned
- Other NOVA jaw sets can be fitted to the Cole Jaws making a combination jaw facility
- Suitable for lathes with minimum 8" diameter swing
- Additional accessory rubber bumpers are available
- 2-Year Warranty
The 6006 includes:
- One (1) Mini Cole Chuck Accessory Jaw Set
While traditionally these type of jaws are used in the compression mode - depending on the bowl shape, the jaws can be used to grip in either the contracting or expanding mode.
To ensure best grip, the bowl should have a positive or negative flair towards the edge of the bowl.
Try and avoid straight sided bowls where the grip will be less efficient. Best cutting technique is to have a cutting action with the chisel such that much of the force is directed towards the headstock, not across the face.