Nova Lathes 46300 Comet II MIDI Lathe
- Powerful 3/4HP Electronic Variable Speed Motor
- Speed range from 250 to 4000rpm
- 12" swing over bed and 16.5" between centers
- 3 Step Pulley System
- Forward and Reversing Switch
- Versaturn Adapatable Technology Accessories
- 12 indexing positions
- Please Note: The outside of the lathe box suggests the Nova 48202 Insert Chuck as an accessory, this item does not include the chuck. See the Comet II MIDI Lathe Kit for a chuck/lathe combo package that includes a Nova 48232 Direct Thread chuck.
The Comet II gives you the flexibility to turn anything from a Bed Post to a Thimble. This unique, patented world first approach to versatile Midi Lathe design delivers maximum flexbility for the lathe owner, allowing the user to consolidate key wood working and wood turning functions into the single machine, saving space, time and money.
This is an upgrade from the previous model 46000. The Comet II saw such improvements as: a strengthened reinforced composite guard (now featuring an access latch for easier access)as well as an improved on/off switch for quicker use.
The 46300 includes:
- 1x 3/4 HP variable speed motor
- 1x 3" faceplate
- 1x Hand wheel
- 1x 6" Tool Rest
- 1x 2MT Drive center
- 1x 2MT Live center
- 1x Knockout bar
- 1x Manual
- Bowl turning capacity: 12"/300mm inboard.
- Between centers: Standard 16.5"/419mm.
- HP: 3/4HP, 120v single phase, 60Hz, Variable Speed
- Speed range: 250 - 4000rpm
- Spindle Thread: 1"8TPI RH
- Tailstock: 2MT hollow, quill travel 1.6"/40.60mm
UPC - 669762003768
Empty Bowls- How to Turn a Bowl
Overall Rating for Nova Lathes 46300 Comet II MIDI Lathe
good lathe, great deal
By JAC from MO on June 18, 2014
Pros:Best price on the web that I could find and free shipping to boot on an overall great midi lathe.
The VS works like a dream.
Cons:belt changing could be a little more accessible for guys with fat fingers.
Personally I would make it with a little wider stance.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
By Branson from Texas on May 5, 2014
Does exactly what it's supposed to do