Nova Lathes 48202 G3 Wood Turning Chuck Insert Type
The 48202 includes:
- 1x Nova 48202 Wood Turning Chuck Insert Type
- 1x Worm Screw
- 1x Set of Jaws
- High powered Tuff Lock gearing delivers outstanding grip for little effort
- Fast comfortable T Bar handle
- Open back for easy cleaning
- Fits full range of NOVA Chuck Accessories
- Special Wood turning profile on Jaws to cut into and grip wood fibres firmly
- Includes jaws
- Requires standard NOVA Insert/adaptor (sold separately but 25+ available) to fit to your lathe
The Nova 48202 Wood Turning insert Chuck is a powerful Tuff Lock gearing system that delivers incredibly smooth strength for an effortless performance. This item features auto stop, copper composite jaw slides, a woodwork screw, and is compatible with the same accessory range as other Nova chucks.
Note: This Chuck does "not" include an insert. The insert is needed to mount this chuck to "your" lathe.
According to Nova, the threading on the insert chucks is a proprietary thread style that will not match anything on the market except for their insert adapters.Their insert system works by purchasing the insert that'll fit your lathe and then mounting that onto an insert type chuck.View Our List of Nova Insert Adapters
- Brand: Nova
- Model: 48202
- MPN: 48202
- UPC: 669762482020
- Type: Turning Chuck Insert
- Package Qty.: 1
Empty Bowls- How to Turn a Bowl
Overall Rating for Nova Lathes 48202 G3 Wood Turning Chuck Insert Type
They wiggle while you work
By Bill Toewe from 08204 on December 13, 2015
Pros:It feels good. I would recommend this item to a friend if I could express con first
Cons:Chuck needs to lock once tightened. Jaw slides are a poor fit and wiggle around. If my teeth fit like this, I would have them pulled.
Chuck is exactly as described
By Dave from Vermont on May 15, 2015
Pros:heavy duty but not heavy.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
By Wayne Ryan from Euless Texas on February 12, 2014
Ease of use