Sandvik / Bahco 665 2-1/2" Scraper
- Long lasting cemented carbide blade that is reversible
- Excellent for heavy duty applications
- Suitable for push or pull work
- Removes paint, varnish, glue and rust on a wide variety of surfaces
- Each edge lasts 50 times longer than conventional steel blades
- Accepts 2-sided blades only
- Recommended Replacement for the SND450
The 665 includes:
- Sandvik / Bahco 2-1/2" Scraper
- Two component handle for better grip
- Improved angle between blade and handle to increase knuckle space
- Slimline front for easier use in confined spaces
- Will accept 50mm and 65mm blades
- Detachable knob
Overall Rating for Sandvik / Bahco 665 Scraper
A scraper that works - Sandvik / Bahco 665
By rwm from Little Current, ON on February 5, 2012
For flat surfaces, such as our cedar shutters, scraping with the grain leaves a surface that may not even need sanding.
The carbide blades last a long time. I have not tried to re-sharpen, but I suspect one can. It also helps that the blades are reversible.
There is far less fatigue than with any other method I have tried. I think the handle is the reason; it is equallly comfortable to left and right-handed use, and I have never challenged my carpal tunnel.