Stanley 12-138 Sweetheart No. 9-1/2 Block Plane
The 12-138 includes:
- 1x Stanley No. 9-1/2 Block Plane
- A premium hand planer that's well suited for a wide variety of woodworking tasks
- New Stanley "Sweetheart" design offers high precision and accuracy for both professionals and hobbyists alike
- Single piece base and frog design helps eliminate chatter and chipping
- Thicker body design for more leverage and control, especially during long and continuous cuts
- Precision ground base is machined from ductile iron for added precision and long life
- Adjustable mouth and throat allow you to work with a wider variety of wood types for increased versatility
- Norris type adjustment system makes setting the blade depth quicker and more accurate
- A2 steel iron cuts cleaner and holds its edge longer, reducing the need for regular sharpening
Electric hand planers are a great way to quickly and efficiently tackle most common planing tasks, but they also tend to produce a lot of dust and chipping, and they lack the "feel" of a hand planer that so many craftsmen rave about. If you're a hand planer loyalist, then you're sure to love the new line of Sweetheart planes from Stanley that includes the 12-138 No. 9-1/2 Block Plane. This plane features all the tried and true features of classic hand planes, with some technological tweaks that make it one of the most advanced and accurate on the market. The single piece base and frog design helps to almost completely eliminate the chatter associated with many other hand planes, and the heavier body design offers added control and leverage during the cut. An adjustable throat and mouth allows you to tailor the planer to almost any type of wood, so this may be the one planer you ever have to reach for again.
- Material: Steel Iron
- Thickness: 1/8"
- Adjustable Throat Plate: Yes
- Mouth Adjustment: Yes