Stanley 16-793 8 Piece Sweetheart Socket Chisel Set
- 8 piece set of genuine woodworking chisels manufactured in the U.K.
- Genuine hornbeam wooden handles offer the feel of natural wood and added comfort and control
- Sizes range from a narrow 1/8" chisel for tight precision work to a wide 1-1/4" chisel for heavy material removal
- Tapered blades with bevel edges cuts cleaner and offers more leverage
- Wide butt ends with large sweet spots for more efficient power transfer when striking
- Blades are manufactured from the highest quality chrome steel and hold their edges longer
- Easily resharpenable to offer a lifetime of reliable service
- Includes leather pouch for storing chisels when not in use
Any woodworker that knows his stuff knows that a quality set of chisels can mean the difference between perfect results and results that are anything but perfect. The Stanley 16-793 8 Piece Sweetheart Socket Chisel Set contains 8 precision "Sweetheart" chisels that feature Stanley's legendary 750 series design. They're manufactured in the U.K. with high-carbon steel blades and genuine hornbeam wood handles that fit any hand like a glove. The chisels come pre-honed so they're ready to cut right out of the box, and they'll hold that sharp edge longer. When the time comes that the blades do need sharpening, they're easily restored to that same razor sharp quality. The Stanley 16-793 Sweetheart Socket Chisel Set comes complete with a leather storage roll to keep the chisels safe and protected when not in use.
The 16-793 includes:
- One (1) 1/8" Sweetheart Chisel (16-781)
- One (1) 1/4" Sweetheart Chisel (16-782)
- One (1) 3/8" Sweetheart Chisel (16-784)
- One (1) 1/2" Sweetheart Chisel (16-785)
- One (1) 5/8" Sweetheart Chisel (16-786)
- One (1) 3/4" Sweetheart Chisel (16-787)
- One (1) 1" Sweetheart Chisel (16-788)
- One (1) 1-1/4" Sweetheart Chisel (16-789)
- One (1) Leather Carrying Pouch
- Length: 9"
- Handle Type: Hornbeam Wood
Overall Rating for Stanley 16-793 Sweetheart Socket Chisel Set
Stanley Sweetheart Socket Chisels
By Dan from Asheville, NC on May 25, 2012
The chisels themselves were of excellent quality. I did have to spend a few hours setting up the tools. The handles needed to be reseated and the blades needed to be striped of the lacquer. The quality of the steel was very good and the factory set on the angle was very accurate and consistent across all the chisels. The most time was spent on polishing the backs and honing the blades (water stones using the David Charlesworth method).
Overall I would recommend the Stanley Sweetheart Socket chisels and eespecially Tools-Plus as e superior vendor.