Work Sharp WS3000 1/5 HP Woodworking Tools Sharpener
- Cutting edge technology for woodworkers
- Air cooled, dry sharpening system
- Maintenance free, 150mm tempered glass grinding wheel
- Precise repeatability
- Fast and easy to use, no jigs needed
- Powerful 1/5 HP motor
- Tempered glass wheel accepts 150mm or 6" PSA abrasives
- Precise and repeatable 5° micro bevels
The Work Sharp WS3000 1/5 HP wood tool sharpener is literally on the cutting edge of technology. Its laudatory reviews from the users themselves speak volumes in both cost and quality, praising everything from the maintenance free 150mm tempered glass grinding wheel, to the powerful 1/5 HP motor. The WS3000 is the apropos tool, regardless of whether you're a beginner or accomplished tool sharpener, because at the end of the day it all correlates into time saved. Forget the water stones and sandpaper, throw out the spit, slate and belt, because with the Work Sharp WS3000 wood tool sharpener there is comfort knowing precise reliability is achieved in every sharpening.
The Work Sharp WS3000 Wood Tool Sharpener offers unmatched accuracy, ease of use, and repeatability.
The WS3000 includes:
- Work Sharp Model WS3000 Wood Tool Sharpener
- 2 tempered glass wheels
- Slotted see-through wheel
- Top tool rest
- Crepe stick (abrasive cleaner)
- Abrasive kit
- Work Sharp The Wood Tool Sharpener: Cutting Edge Technology for Woodworkers.
- Air Cooled, Dry Sharpening System: Routed air flow and heat sink system keeps tools cool without the mess of a wet system.
- Maintenance Free, 150mm Tempered Glass Grinding Wheel: Provides an always flat and true grinding surface on which to adhere PSA abrasives.
- Precise Repeatability:Sharpening Port enables precise and repeatable bevel angles of 20°, 25°, 30° and 35° for chisels and plane irons up to 2" wide.
- Fast and Easy to use, No jigs needed:Select desired angle and sharpen; lapping abrasive in sharpening port increases burr removal and speeds sharpening.
- Powerful 1/5 HP motor: 580 RPM wheel speed.
- Precision: Rigid bevel angle settings and Skew Cam provide precise positioning of the Sharpening Port. Bevel and skew geometry are not affected by wheel diameter, chisel size, or complex user setup.
- Speed: Forced air-cooling allows higher material removal rates without affecting the steel temper. Conventional dry systems surface speed is limited by heat buildup in the tool and wet systems surface speed is limited by the mess from water flinging off the wheel. The Work Sharp's design allows for quick reshaping of a new or damaged chisel, and fast honing of a micro bevel. Precise bevel angles are set in the Sharpening Port, not in a fixture or jig, so switching between angles is simple and fast.
- Simplicity: Simple setup. Just set the angle and sharpen. No calibration required for changing wheel diameter. No measurement required for setting of tool stick out and angle. Coarse grinding for rapid shaping and micro-fine honing in one port. No need to change between fixtures, grade wheels, or move from machine to hand sharpening to achieve a razor-sharp edge.
- Repeatability: The system's repeatability allows the user to sharpen multiple tools at any combinations of angle and abrasive type without extra set-up. Most conventional systems require a jig or user set-up that requires sharpening one tool at a time because the setup can't be repeated accurately.
- Tempered Glass Wheel accepts 150mm or 6" PSA abrasives.
- Precise and repeatable 5° micro bevels.
- Adjustable Top Tool Rest: Makes freehand sharpening easier and more precise.
- T-Slot Mounting System: Lets you mount the Top Tool Rest and other accessories for unique tools.
- Sharpening Port Lapping Surface: Unique "plunge—pull" sharpening technique and Sharpening Port abrasive increases burr removal and speeds sharpening
- Skew Cam Adjustment: Precise control of sharpening port for bevel-edge for squareness
- Tool Construction: Cast-aluminum top; sheet metal housing; impact and vibration-resistant, tool grade plastic base
- 2 year manufacturer warranty