Makita GA5040X1 SJS II 5" Angle Grinder w/Tuck Point Guard
The GA5040X1 includes:
- 1x Makita SJS II 10 Amp 5" Angle Grinder
- 1x Makita 196845-3 5" Dust Extracting Tuck Point Guard
- 1x Makita 224399-1 Inner Flange
- 1x Makita 782412-6 Lock Nut Wrench
- 1x Makita A-96017 5" Dual Sandwich Diamond Tuck Point Blade
- 1x Makita 123145-8 5" Tool-less Wheel Guard
- 1x Makita 162258-0 Side Handle
- 1x Makita 224568-4 Lock Nut
- Powerful 10.0 AMP motor delivers more output and 11,000 RPM
- SJS II provides a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use
- Includes 5" dust extraction tuck point guard for clean and accurate tuck pointing and cutting
- Guard offers a durable, high quality metal construction
- Plunge feature allows for maximum material removal and up to 1" cutting depth when used with a 5" blade
- Guard provides easily adjustable depth stop and depth setting for added user convenience
- Guard features a clear viewing window for improved visibility
- Side handle can be installed in various locations on the guard for operator comfort
The Makita 5" SJS II Angle Grinder with 5" Tuck Point Guard combines power, convenience, comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. The grinder with tuck point guard is an efficient solution for clean and accurate tuck pointing and cutting. The grinder can also be used with the standard grinding guard (included) and is ideal for cutting, grinding ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry, restoration work, and more.
The GA5040X1 is equipped with SJS II, a mechanical gear drive system to help prevent motor and gear damage by dampening the force on the gear when the wheel is forced to stop. SJSTMII is also features a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use.
The 10 AMP motor delivers 11,000 RPM for maximum productivity. Labyrinth construction protects the motor with a complex set of channels, prohibiting dust and contamination from entering the motor. Additional protection features include a zig-zag epoxy applied to both sides of the armature coil, and a powder-coating to the field. This forms a barrier under rotation and is engineered to protect from dust and debris penetration for longer tool life.
- Brand: Makita
- Model: GA5040
- MPN: GA5040X1
- UPC: 088381698290
- Type: Angle Grinder
- Wheel Diameter: 5"
- AMPS: 10
- No Load Speed: 11,000 RPM
- Max. Cutting Depth: 1"
- Spindle Thread: 5/8" - 11 UNC
- Lock-On: Yes
- Lock-Off: No
- Grinder Switch Type: Body grip/slide
- Overall Length: 11-7/8"
- Net Weight: 5.4 lbs.
- Accessories Included: Yes
- Variable speed control dial: No
- Power Type: Corded
- Package Qty.: 1