Makita XCU02Z 18 Volt X2 36v LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Chainsaw Tool Only OB
The XCU02Z includes:
- 1x Makita XCU02Z 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 12" Chainsaw
- 1x Makita 165245-8 12" Guide Bar
- 1x Makita 531-291-646 12" Saw Chain 3/8", .043"
- 1x Makita 419288-5 Blade Cover
- 1x Makita BCV02 LXT Battery Adaptor
- (Batteries and charger sold separately)
- "Tool-less" chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance
- Front hand guard actuates chain brake when engaged
- Cordless for reduced maintenance; no need to change engine oil or spark plug, clean air filter or drain fuel for storage
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,650 FPM chain speed for fast cutting
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries deliver power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT platform (batteries not included)
- Low noise level at only 89 dB(A) and zero emissions for operator comfort
- 12" guide bar for increased capacity
- Weighs only 10.1 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
The 18V X2 LXT Chain Saw (model XCU02Z) is powered by two 18V LXT batteries (36V), so you get 36V power and run time for corded and gas-powered demands, without leaving the 18V LXT platform. Batteries and charger are sold separately.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XCU02Z Chain Saw has a 12" guide bar and the Makita-built motor delivers 1,650 FPM for increased cutting speed, but with less noise (only 89dB(A)). The cordless XCU02Z has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pickup your XCU02Z, load two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries, and the saw is ready to use.
Additional features include a "tool-less" chain adjustments, a front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
OP or Open Box?
These are Open Box items. All contents are brand new from the factory. The factory packaging may be damaged but otherwise these are brand new tools with brand new tool warranties.
"Open Box" Items originate for multiple reasons.
- Sometimes during shipment from the manufacturer item packaging gets damaged but the contents are factory new
- Sometimes in our own Distribution Center (DC) mis-handling occurs and damage to the packaging occurs. Especially in the cold months. Plastic wrapping gets cold, brittle and breaks away.
- Within our DC, during "front line" replenishment from overstock locations, damage to packaging occurs and tags get pulled off.
- Upon receipt of items into our distribution center, items are routinely opened to verify certain info to be the best they can at item web pages. For instance:
- Contents of the package (What's in the box)
- Description of items and contents
- Specifications of items and contents
- Images of items and contents
- Also in order to maintain the highest levels of service to you the customer, we do periodic random checks of items for all of the above.
- Open box items are not necessarily always in a "box". They also include items that are wrapped, bagged, etc. and who's packing has been opened.
- Open box items have limited quantities on hand and we can't guarantee their availability. We sell these items on a first come, first order basis.
- Generally we have quantity on hand if you see an order button. But because of website limitations we are not able to update these item pages up to the minute. You will be notified as soon as we download your order if we do not have availability.
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily check bar oil level
- Retractable metal hook attaches to rope or harness for convenient transporting
- L.E.D. battery indicators show charge level for each 18V LXT battery
- 30-minute rapid optimum charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current,
- voltage and temperature
- 30-minute rapid optimum charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery to produce more lifetime work
- The charger earned the ENERGY STAR label for meeting the strict energy-efficient guideliness set by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and US Department of Energy (DOE)
- 3-year warranty on tool and 1-year on battery and charger
- Brand: Makita
- Model: XCU02
- MPN: XCU02Z
- UPC: 088381670845
- Type: Chainsaw
- Guide Bar Length: 12"
- Chain Speed: 1,650 FPM
- Chain Pitch: 3/8"
- Chain Gauge: 0.043"
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT Lithium-Ion
- Noise level: Under no load 89 dB(A), Under load 90 dB(A)
- Net weight (w/2 18V LXTbatteries): 11.2 lbs
- Overall length: 24-5/8"
- Condition: Open Box
- Package Qty.: 1