Makita XRU09Z 18V X2 LXT Li-Ion (36V) Cordless String Trimmer (Tool Only)
The XRU09Z includes:
- 1x Makita XRU07Z 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless String Trimmer (Tool Only)
- (Batteries and charger sold separately)
- 1x Makita 197297-1 Trimmer Head
- 1x Makita 195246-2 Goggles
- 1x Makita 783217-7 Hex Wrench
- 1x Makita 783202-0 Hex Wrench
- 1x Makita 831304-7 Accessory Bag
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power and increased torque
- 2-speed options (Low: 0-5,000 RPM, High: 0-6,500 RPM) allows the operator to match speed to application
- Direct-drive motor mounted directly on the trimmer head for increased efficiency and improved tool balance
- Up to 60 minutes of run time under load on the low speed setting using two 18V LXT 5.0Ah BL1850 batteries (batteries not included)*
- Constant Speed Control minimizes reduction in rotation speed under load
- Zero emissions and reduced maintenance; no need for gas or oil
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line-up of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless String Trimmer (model XRU07Z, tool only, batteries and chargers sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise and considerably less maintenance, the 18V X2 (36V) LXT cordless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It's powered by two fast-charging 18V LXT batteries (sold separately) for maximum power and run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. With the efficient Makita BL brushless motor, the trimmer delivers longer run time, more power and speed, and longer tool life.
Makita's efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. The XRU07Z features a Makita-built Outer Rotor Brushless Motor with direct drive that provides high power and increased torque. When powered by two 18V 5.0Ah batteries (sold separately), the efficient brushless motor delivers up to 60 minutes of run-time on the low setting on a single charge.
The XRU07Z features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- 13-3/4" cutting swath for user convenience
- Weighs only 9.9 lbs. with batteries for reduced operator fatigue
- BL Brushless motor delivers up to 6,500 RPM for faster cutting
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Reverse rotation system allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- L.E.D. battery indicators show charge level for each 18V LXT battery
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to 3.0Ah battery BL1830
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Dual Port Charger charges two 2x 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries in only 45 minutes
- Dual Port Charger features a built-in USB port for charging portable electronic devices
- The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Built-in fan circulates air through the battery during the charging process to cool the battery for faster charge time.
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- *Under Load: 13-3/4" cutting swath with .080" nylon line, approximate run time will vary according to grass conditions
- Brand: Makita
- Model: XHU04
- MPN: XHU04Z
- UPC: 088381847643
- Type: Cordless String Trimmer
- Cutting Capacity (diameter): 13-3/4"
- No Load Speed (2 spd): 5,000/6,500 RPM
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 69"
- Net Weight (with battery): 9.9 lbs.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shaft Type: Straight
- Package Qty.: 1