Nova Lathes 24221 1.5HP 16" x 24" 8 Speed Wood Lathe
The 24221 includes:
- 1x Nova 1624 II 1.5HP 16" x 24" 8 Speed Wood Lathe
- 1 x Motor 1.5HP AC
- 1 x Cast Iron Box Section Metal Stand
- 1 x 2MT Spur Drive Centre
- 1 x 2MT Live Drive Centre
- 1 x 3"/80mm Steel Faceplate
- 1 x 12"/300mm Cast Iron Toolrest
- 1x Fastenings
- 1x Manual
- Powerful 1.5HP Motor, delivers continuous power. Provides 50% more power than comparable lathes on the market, to allow for much larger projects
- Fantastic 8 speed range from 214 - 3600rpm (USA/Canada) & 178-3000 rpm (rest of world) low speed perfect for bowl turning.
- 16"/400mm inboard swing
- Up to 29"/740mm outboard swing, using the fast and easy to use optional outrigger accessory
- 24"/600mm between centers, extendable in 20"/510mm increments with optional bed extension accessory
- Quality materials - Solid Cast Iron throughout for rock solid performance.
- Stationary lathe capabilities in a compact workspace. Incredible power in a compact working space, great for those who need all the workshop space they can get! The full 360 deg swivel head and articulated Outrigger Accessory means that turning even large bowls (29") you are still turning in the same compact working envelope.
- NOVA smart accessories - lathe accessories are common between the models, meaning any money invested in the accessories isn't wasted if you upgrade your NOVA lathe
The NOVA 1624 II Lathe represents the most power, most versatility and most features of any comparable mid range lathe. This updated model has a fresh new look in black to match the new NOVA Galaxi Lathe and the new NOVA Voyager Drill Press. All other features and benefits remain the same from the older model.
- Strong 2MT spindles
- Easy speed change
- Easy speed viewer
- Fully 360° Swivel head - position work where you want it, makes your turning more comfortable and saves you workshop space.
- Precision Machining.
- Spindle Lock and 24 Division Index
- Heavy Duty Bearings
- Long reach toolslides, designed to take advantage for the extra capacity the NOVA lathes offer. These feature easy grip rubber handles.
- Extendable Beds - make your lathe as long as your project requires, without having permanently taking up workshop room! (Additional Accessory item)
- Quick Action Cam Controls - precisely adjust to your requirements, fast
- Large range of accessories
- True Swivel head - easy on the back and allows turner to operate in a compact working area - great for those who need extra workshop space.
- Superior bowl turning performance, the only lathe in its segment with a true swivel head & outrigger for bowls up to 29". Nova 1624 has more power, lower speeds and the capacity to handle really large bowls.
- 50% more power available than others in the same segment with a massive 1.5HP motor.
- The 1624 is the only lathe on the market in this price bracket with this much versatility
- Reversible motor - Great for finishing and left handed turners.
- Adjustable vibration dampening stand - Feet individually adjustable to suit floor level, included with lathe.
- Brand: Nova
- Model: 1624 II
- MPN: 24221
- UPC: 669762242211
- Type: Wood Lathe
- Bowl turning capacity: 400mm/16? onboard. 740mm/29? outboard. (Using optional outrigger accessory)
- Between centers: Standard 600mm/24?. Extendable to as long as you want in 510mm/20? increments, using optional bed extension accessory.
- HP: 1.5HP (115V)
- Speed range: 215 — 3600 rpm
- Spindle Thread: 1 1/4? 8TPI RH (USA, Canada, Australasia & UK), M33 x 3.5 RH (Europe excluding UK)
- Tailstock: 2MT hollow
- Swivel head: 360 degree swivel and lock at any position, plus detent locating positions at 0, 22, 4 and 90 degree. High accuracy and easy swivel.
- Indexing: 24 Division
- Warranty: 2 Year full replacement on motor, 5 years full replacement on all other parts
- Package Qty.: 1