Powermatic 1610082 Model PJ-882 2HP HH 8" Parallelogram Jointer
The 1610082 includes:
- 1x Powermatic 1610082 PJ-882HH 2HP HH 8" Parallelogram Jointer
- Helical cutterhead with knife inserts provides smoother, quieter cutting and finer finish than conventional systems
- Extra long 82" table for expanded work support
- Parallelogram design helps maintain table parallelism and eases table raising and lowering
- Handwheel with worm gear system for precise fence tilting (Patented)
- 1/8" depth of cut limiter for fast table positioning
- High-mount switch for operator convenience
- No-mar fence insert protects table
For all Powermatic warranty issues, please call 800-274-6848.Please take note of (if applicable) the voltage and phase of the machine you are ordering. If necessary, check with your electrician.
- Brand: Powermatic
- Model: PJ-882
- MPN: 1610082
- UPC: 662755955839
- Type: Jointer
- Cutting Capacity: 8" x 1/2"
- Cutterhead Speed: 7000 RPM
- Cutterhead Diameter: 3-1/16"
- Number of Knives: 54 four-sided inserts
- Table Height: 31-5/16"
- Table Size: 83" x 8"
- Infeed Table Length: 44"
- Outfeed Table Length: 38"
- Fence Size: 44-3/4" x 38-3/16"
- Fence Tilts: 45 degrees
- Fence Positive Stops: +/- 45, 90
- Dust Port Diameter: 4 OD/in
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required: 800 CFM
- Motor: 2 HP, 1 phase, 230 Volt, 9 Amp
- Dimensions: 84" x 28" x 44"
- Weight: 732 pounds
- Package Qty.: 1
This item is covered by WMH's 5 Year Warranty.
WMH Stands behind every product it sells with outstanding customer service and support. Their multitude of service repair centers offer quick turnarounds and most of the time they can authorize warranty repair, assist you in locating replacement parts, and perform routine maintenance and large repairs on your tools and machinery. To find a service center near you, please call 1-800-274-6848.
Next I checked the flatness of each table as well as coplanarity using a Starrett 48" precision straight edge with full intention of doing some fine tuning. I found that both flatness and coplanarity were near perfect. Coplanarity couldn't be adjusted any closer. The factory did an excellent job.
(A dial indicator and precision straight edge may seem like overkill, but I had these tools on hand so I used them)
I did a test cut on a piece of lumber and got an excellent finish. Help up to the light at an angle reveals very faint lines typical of helical type cutters but it is so light it is easily removed with a couple of swipes of fine sand paper. The board was very flat without the slightest hint of snipe. It's about as good as it gets.