Powermatic 1791800 PM1800 18" Bandsaw
The 1791800 includes:
- 1x Powermatic 1791800 Model PM1800 5HP, 1PH, 230V 18" Bandsaw
- 5HP, 1PH, 230V
- Blade tension lever has full tension, partial tension, and release settings for easy blade changes and tracking
- Micro-adjustable, virtually tool-less bearing guide system gives close blade control while reducing friction
- Special grooved thrust bearing stabilizes smaller blades
- Heavy duty T-style rip fence has adjustable aluminum resaw fence
- Large 24" x 24" cast iron table
- 2-inch diameter solid steel pin for resaw work
Designed with an enormous 18-inch resaw, multi-step blade tension and precision blade guides, the Powermatic PM1800 (1791800) 5-horsepower band saw is built from high-quality steel and cast iron to handle your bandsawing needs effortlessly for many years to come. Driven by a tough 5-horsepower, 1-phase motor, the Powermatic 1791800 offers plenty of power to handle heavy workloads for hours on end. The Powermatic PM1800 (1791800) transmits power from its 5-horsepower motor to a two-step drive pulley system via a tough Poly-V belt, which is known for a smooth, slip-free transmission. Changing the belt between the 1,800 FPM (feet per minute) and 4,200 FPM blade speed pulley positions is easy thanks to the belt tensioning controls conveniently placed on the outside of the lower cabinet near the motor. The motor is controlled and protected by an industrial-style magnetic switch, which protects the motor from potentially damaging voltage variations as well as prevents it from restarting unexpectedly should the power be interrupted and then be restored. The oversized 18-1/2-inch blade wheels are crafted from high-quality iron castings that are precisely machined, painted, and even fitted with the tires before they're computer balanced--ensuring optimal strength and smooth operation. Both the upper and lower wheels run on dual high-quality ball bearings to further ensure minimal drag and an extended life. The blade-tensioning system features a large cast-iron hand wheel that operates a special Acme threaded screw that moves the blade mount block up and down. The Acme thread design keeps effort low, with the motion smooth yet relatively quick. The 1791800 is equipped with a large arm that takes blade tension through three settings quickly and with minimal effort. The full tension position applies the full tension as currently set to the blade for making cuts, and the full release position lowers the upper wheel fully to make changing blades faster and easier. The Powermatic 1791800 features a spacious 24-square-inch cast-iron table that is precisely ground to ensure flatness, and it can tilt 45 degrees to the right and 15 degrees left. A specially designed stop makes returning the table to level (90 degrees to the blade) fast and accurate. A unique moveable disc on the frame allows the sturdy table stop to pass into the frame, enabling the 15-degree tilt to the left without having to change the stop setting. A precisely machined aluminum table insert surrounds the blade. Three leveling screws in the flange allow setting the insert dead flush with the table surface for smooth, catch-free cutting. A 30-inch-by-6.5-inch extruded aluminum fence slides along the fence arm on a steel guide rail, allowing it to be adjusted front-to-back as needed. The fence has rail guides in two positions so that it can be used upright or laying flat on the table for maximum utility.
For all Powermatic warranty issues, please call 800-274-6848.Please take note of (if applicable) the voltage and phase of the machine you are ordering. If necessary, check with your electrician.
- 18-inch resaw, and 18-inch blade to column capacity
- Magnetic starter with power indicator lamp and jumbo stop
- Chrome knobs and handles ensure solid grip and firm locking of parts
- Computer balanced cast iron wheels reduce vibration
- Dual 4-inch exhaust ports for effective dust and chip removal
- Adjustable miter gauge with stops
- Brand: Powermatic
- Model: PM1800
- MPN: 1791800
- UPC: 662755988530
- Type: Bandsaw
- Cutting Capacity Width: 18 "
- Cutting Capacity Height: 18 "
- Minimum Saw Blade Width: 1/16 "
- Maximum Saw Blade Width: 11/2 "
- Blade Speed: 1800 / 4200 SFPM
- Blade Length: 160 "
- Table Dimension (LxW): 24 x 24 "
- Table Tilt: 15 ° left, 45 ° right
- Table Height at 90°: 371/2 "
- Miter Gauge Positive Stops: 45 °, 90 °
- Dust Port Outer Diameter: 4 "
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM: 600 cu.ft/min
- Stand Type: Closed
- Blade Width: 1/16" to 1-1/2"
- Wheel Diameter: 181/2 "
- Motor Power: 5 HP
- Motor Voltage: 230 V
- Motor Current: 21 A
- Motor Phase: 1 Ph
- Web Description: PM1800, 18" Bandsaw, 5HP 1PH 230V
- Dimensions: 38 x 38 x 81
- Weight: 806 pound
- Package Qty.: 1
This item is covered by WMH's 5 Year Warranty.
WMH Stands behind every product it sells with outstanding customer service and support. Their multitude of service repair centers offer quick turnarounds and most of the time they can authorize warranty repair, assist you in locating replacement parts, and perform routine maintenance and large repairs on your tools and machinery. To find a service center near you, please call 1-800-274-6848.