Skilsaw SPT78W-22 Diablo 8-1/4" 15 Amp High Torque Motor Aluminum Worm Drive
The SPT78W-22 includes:
- 1x Skilsaw SPT78W-22 8-1/4" Worm Drive Skilsaw
- Exclusive 60° bevel feature with 8-1/4" blade is ideal for angled cuts
- High torque 15 amp motor
- Oil indicator level and relief bellows for long life
- Precision-machined, durable worm drive gears for longer tool life
- 22 Amp switch and heavy gauge cord
- Die-cast aluminum motor and gear housings for durability
Make amazing 60 degree bevel cuts with our 8-1/4 In. SKILSAWworm drive model SPT78W-22. This saw is powered by our largest 15 Amp dual-field high torque motor so you will make the last cut as precisely as you did the first cut. Exclusive 60 degree bevel. High torque Dual-Field motor. Legendary SKILSAW durability. And a Diablo blade is included in the box. What more could you ask for?
- Brand: Skilsaw
- Model: SPT78W-22
- MPN: SPT78W-22
- UPC: 039725040992
- Type: Worm Drive Skilsaw
- Amperage (A): 15.0
- Arbor Size (in): 0.812
- Assembled Weight (lbs): 18.8
- Bevel Capacity (°): 60.0
- Bevel Stop: Yes
- Blade Location: Left
- Blade Material: 24-Tooth Diablo Carbide Tipped
- Blade Type: 24-Tooth Carbide Tipped
- Package Qty.: 1
The weight is considerable, especially if you're going to use it all day. I used to use a large angle grinder overhead clearing welds off the bottom of ships and using an 18# tool for that would have been somewhat devastating. but also a great opportunity for building some arms.
I was reading another review a while back which said the 77-series saws were getting lighter and were made in China. Well although still made in China, this saw is plenty heavy and well made. Personally I don't know how one could stall this saw. Perhaps getting the blade jammed in 3/8" aluminum would do the trick but maybe not.
The look and feel is very good with the only thing being the left hand grip being a bit "spindly". And if that bothered anyone, the handle could always be built up with tape or hand tool grip rubber.
All in all, a heck of a deal for a heck of a saw!